Any SEA Players that's facing serious lag and disconnection?

Deeteelia

Hi All

I've filed in a support ticket seeking help from NC, and would like to check if other SEA players faces the same issue.

I'm a SEA player which has been playing for a month now, been enjoying BnS as a casual with no intention of doing PvP (about 250-260ms latency), but PVE is totally enjoyable.

However the issue started around 2 days back, where i face serious ingame lag, where the character is freeze about 2-5sec and very frequent disconnection, despite that i only wanted to stayed logged in and do some faction chat or painfully run some quest to reach 45 (the event sigh)

Been doing cross reference check via pingtest.net toward dallas texas and comparing the latency i'm getting at resource monitor, its weird to see pingtest shows a steady 250-260 latency while the ingame shows otherwise.

i did try to use WTFast, but i think i've installed it once on my PC which now no longer allows me to test/try if it works.

Battleping in the other hand works, but only being able to bring the performance on-par to previous state which i was playing without any GPN. (from 400+ms to 220-250ish MS)

datping.jpg

Update as of 5.42PM (GMT+8) i cant even login anymore!!  D:

they_dont_want_me_playing_anymore_huh.jp

This is why we need an OCE/SEA based server.

If they can house a server in JP or SG, you ping would come down to around 70 - 120ms depending where you live and that is more then reasonable.

More people would be willing to spend money with this as well, as it sits, my guild has decided to not spend any money on this product until they do it.

@skelziex Which ISP are you using and where are you located at? (O.O) Do you have the same issue where the pingtest.net shows average ping while the ingame latency shows otherwise? or if both are tally?

PS: Reminds me to a broadband customer service "story" about the whale slept on the undersea cables.

11 minutes ago, skelziex said:

our ISP said theres underwater cable problem. thats why lag. they gonna fix it next month. heh!

No issues with the cable, people are still getting 170 - 220ms on the East Coast of Australia. That's as fast as you will ever get and even then, the game is not playable to its fullest potential.

PingPlotter is an awesome tool to use to pin point the exact issues, and it is general the last hop or 2 in Texas.

4 minutes ago, skelziex said:

im from MY and using 2mbps adsl. 300-400ms ping.

bad huh? i can accept my shitty line bcoz play pve only.

even optic fibre service is bad now.

I don't think Bandwidth has anything to do with in-game latency, you can have a 512KBPS internet and still get stable latency to the server depending on the distance from your end to the server location. (or if your local ISP has difference in their routing path that is)

300-400 is where i'm sitting now and which it's totally unplayable xD

SG or JP server is still highly preferred and recommended.

Over 14,000 petitions for a SEA servers and still not a single reply from any NCsoft team member, and this is without even marketing the product, this is votes based off word from the forums only.

Sad really.

13 minutes ago, skelziex said:

i never try wtfast. but my friend said can get around 50+ms. i dunno what setting.

My pc cant try the free period of WTFast anymore, it'll be great if you could try it out and share the outcome to us.

13 minutes ago, Vinnce said:

@Deeteelia Glad to and you're most welcome. 

I was accused of being a bot and a leech cos I just stood in DP D;> 

I totally feel you on that. ;_;

8 minutes ago, Taemek said:

SG or JP server is still highly preferred and recommended.

Over 14,000 petitions for a SEA servers and still not a single reply from any NCsoft team member, and this is without even marketing the product, this is votes based off word from the forums only.

Sad really.

Signed that petition too!

@Taemek Although it is easy to petition and request for a server, I do not think it is good financial decision. 14,000 petition does not equal to 14,000 regular paying customers. Also most game contract goes by geographic regions. Sadly, unless someone in SEA is willing to fund the server, I doubt there will be a SEA server anytime soon. (*whisper: or maybe never) Dx

@Deeteelia I tried WTFast, didnt work for me. After login, I get the error 300 thing and the client shuts. So, guess its 200-350ms and no PvP for me until the RNGsus riding a magic unicorn poops a rainbow solution for me.

16 minutes ago, Vinnce said:

@Deeteelia I tried WTFast, didnt work for me. After login, I get the error 300 thing and the client shuts. So, guess its 200-350ms and no PvP for me until the RNGsus riding a magic unicorn poops a rainbow solution for me.

Hmm, thats a bummer, but still wishing that we could get a temp fix on this, as what i've checked the undersea cable issue was reported early of March, but i only started to suffer the impact to totally unplayable latency since 2 days back.

guys, can I have the link to the announcement of the downtime of underwater cable? Cuz i've been affected 1-2 days after the warlock patch hit and have been having bad delay since then. Sad thing is that my ping was fine and stable at 200ms, very playable before the patch but now.... Y.Y

@NighmareAI 

On 3/13/2016 at 6:13 PM, Vinnce said:

The issue is on MY/SEA side, not NCsoft and the looks of things, it will be this laggy till the whole of March...or possibly even til April.

Totally unplayable for me too. I need my fix! #RAWR

TMnet - https://goo.gl/YHEKi3

Soyacincau - http://goo.gl/hvUB4K

There you go.

@Steen Huh? what, do you mean I can never logout? O_o

Archived