What's Bots? Like srsly. What are those??

xxLYNxx

Like the qns stated. Ive been reading the forums. And all i read were mainly about bots, the dungeon door thingys, gameguard, gold selling, bans and MORE BOTS ahaha.

Im no IT person. Juz started playing mmos too. Currently trying to level my warlock. And i have no idea how to get gold, aside from doing the quests and dailies. (Pls help meXD) Also realized everything is so expensive in the marketplace TT.TT. Anyways I'm not sure whether to put this topic here or under General Discussions but i hope u can answer my questions ^^

I ran Blackram Narrows before. And i saw alot. ALOT of players dat looked the same going in and out. My friend said dat those are bots. They will fight tgt wif u in the dungeon. But from what i read, bots sound more....Scary. So whats Bots? Are they real ppl?

Also, i read the part whr ppl said sumthing about SS'ing a dungeon's door(?). What does dat mean? U can get banned frm going out of a dungeon? I dun get it O.o? Im so sorry that this topic is longgg

It's my understanding that Bot's are characters in game that are controlled via a program that uses a script to do so. They are used to farm items that they then sell, and then sell the gold that they make on various websites for real money (im sure you have seen all the gold seller spam in chat). So Bot's and gold sellers go hand in hand, and unfortunately NCSoft games are just infested with them. Im not exactly sure why they can't get a handle on this situation, or if they even care to. All I know is that I have played many other popular mmo's that don't have ANY Bot's or gold spammers in them at all.

It's pretty sad actually, as they certainly ruin peoples gaming experience to a certain extent..at least they do for me. On the other hand I have heard people say that with no Bot's in game the prices of many things would rise, and also that you can get a lot of easy wins in arena since for some reason Bots are in there as well. The gold spammers in chat really annoy me, as I spend a good amount of time blocking them so I can even be able to read anything at all since it's going by so fast. If anyone has a good solution for gold spammers in chat I would love to hear it.

And the part about SS'ing the door. Tapping your S key twice is a jumpback, so I guess this is in a Bot's script to be able to leave the dungeon and reenter it again.

Worst than bots are people who hack, like immortal summoners or 3 x speed destroyers...Or people who using macros, to use skills in automated way. But dont worry, these people are not all. Best solution is to find a group of people to play with them, instead of bots.

Thank you so muchhh i understand them so much better now. Ive always tot that those bots are real ppl ahahaha

True that they are so very annoying. I tot that they would spam on the region chat only. Didnt think they would spam on the faction chat as well. Sighh trying to read the chat from real players has been a pain in the as coz of the spam. 

So i can conclude that those bots are the ones that have weird names (random letters) and poorly geared, right?

Archived