Assassin help?

Toxlen

So recently... I'm still kinda rubbish on assassin combos even though assassin is my main.. I'm just wondering is there any sort of combos to do against certain classes? I was at class rank 244, but deranked down to Silver...I'm trying to learn more about BD/FM/SUMM.. I ran into destroyer bots so often that I got my way around things, but as soon as a BD/SUMM/FM pops up, I automatically freak out. 

Anything would be helpful! I also have really low AP because my insufficient of gold(legitly 5g+ a pop for a moonwater stone)..

2 minutes ago, Toxlen said:

So recently... I'm still kinda rubbish on assassin combos even though assassin is my main.. I'm just wondering is there any sort of combos to do against certain classes? I was at class rank 244, but deranked down to Silver...I'm trying to learn more about BD/FM/SUMM.. I ran into destroyer bots so often that I got my way around things, but as soon as a BD/SUMM/FM pops up, I automatically freak out. 

Anything would be helpful! I also have really low AP because my insufficient of gold(legitly 5g+ a pop for a moonwater stone)..

Hey man. I'll give ya some tips.

First, I want to ask: what is your combo?

Note that any specs I share isn't THE spec to use. Feel free to mess around with them as much as you like. Also, I'm only at HM 3, so I'll be posting the specs as I would use them.

This is the spec I use for BDs: https://bnstree.com/AS?build=4503000003410342201023019310083111123007331993101232142210162201821009312144102422

BDs work almost identical to Destroyers. (as far as their spin goes.) Basically, you want to stay as far back as possible and wait for a good time to tab swap them - you can tab swap them while they're spinning. 

If you are able to Q tab escapes, that puts you at a huge advantage. An easy way to do that, is after you Spinal Tap, just press your Q. If they don't use it, no biggie; just continue your combo as normal. After that, stay back, throw your x shuriken and wait for a good time to go in or tab swap.

You ONLY (I want to stress this a lot) want to tab escape their grab. Unless you are 100% confident that you can counter the Soulblade. If you get Soulblade on you, you're pretty much dead; game over.

---------

This is the spec I would use against FMs: https://bnstree.com/AS?build=450300000011003410342201023019110083111123007331993101232142210162201821009312144102422

I win against FMs maybe 8 out of 10 times. It really depends on how good the FM is. I've gotten destroyed by good FMs. You want to make sure you're specced into your smoke bomb and pretty much use that on CD. I also found out that having 3 points into Lotus Fury helps a lot too - the side that gives you resistance. Make sure you try your best to Q any tab escapes. Use your SS sparingly to get out of roots and whatnot. Save your smoke bomb for when you're rooted without an SS. 

Tab escape when you feel it's necessary. I usually do it when they stun you with impact and you have no other way to connect.

---------

Summoners are a huge counter for us. Basically you want to PvE them, since that's the only real way to beat them. Kill the cat then kill the summoner.

This is the spec I use against Summoners: https://bnstree.com/AS?build=4503000120210034103423019410083111123007331993101232006230162201821009212144102422

So, the key is to be in stealth for at least 90% of the game.

At the start, you want to RB stealth in as fast as possible. Throw your poison landmine, make sure you at least hit the cat. Start RB F the cat. When stealth is about to drop, shadow drain. By that time, the summoner should've curled his cat, then switch off to the summoner - same deal, RB F for days. Right before stealth ends, (or if he gets you out) back off and run. The cat is going to chase after you. either decoy or Q the cat's charge to get back into stealth. Rinse and repeat pretty much. Don't attack the cat when he's curled. You can tab swap the cat while he's curled to help you get back into stealth.

Now, if you get Morning Glory on you, (the big flower on top of your head) you NEED to run. Don't bother trying to get back into stealth, it's just going to get you out. SS and RB bolt away, or use your flower. You can also use your Lotus Fury (your C) to recover a lot of health since a ton of stuff will be hitting you, and Morning Glory and Lotus Fury almost have the same duration. 

Basically how Morning Glory works, if you range the summoner to the point where he can't target you anymore, Morning Glory cuts the duration. So try to get that off as fast as possible. Remember that you want to be in stealth as much as possible.

You only EVER want to tab escape when the cat mounts you. NEVER tab escape anything else. 

If you have any other questions, let me know. ;D

Archived