Things that are odd and I keep seeing

Zwila

Correct me if any of these are normal, but here's a few things I keep noticing that just seem off.

Every now and then I get a destroyer that can attack extremely fast, we're talking 3-4 attacks per second or more, primarily the one that hits from top to bottom, then the cleave (left to right), taking about 20% of my hp in one second.

Summoners have a similar thing sometimes, when they shoot a laser beam out of the sunflower. casting it extremely fast in secession. I read somewhere this happens when the pet died, but these guys Ive been noticing have their pets active.

Lets add those 2 to my already long list of pvpqq.

1 hour ago, Zwila said:

Correct me if any of these are normal, but here's a few things I keep noticing that just seem off.

Every now and then I get a destroyer that can attack extremely fast, we're talking 3-4 attacks per second or more, primarily the one that hits from top to bottom, then the cleave (left to right), taking about 20% of my hp in one second.

Summoners have a similar thing sometimes, when they shoot a laser beam out of the sunflower. casting it extremely fast in secession. I read somewhere this happens when the pet died, but these guys Ive been noticing have their pets active.

Lets add those 2 to my already long list of pvpqq.

1) That is animation cancel Wrath/Cleave. The diagonal attack is Wrath; the one that goes straight down is Cleave. Wrath is activated only during Fury/Persistence or after a Power Slam.

2) Super Sunflower Overflow, sounds like. Get hit enough times under certain conditions and Sunflower goes into freebie cannon mode. Does not depend on whether the pet is alive or not, as far as I know, just have to hit two consecutive Sunflower hits under certain conditions to build stacks. Not all that common to get off in PvP since opponents have a tendency to move to avoid the shots and ruin the setup. When we get Yeti Cave update, stage 1 HM Seed Shroud counter will also trigger Overflow for the hyper laser cannon mode.

1 minute ago, Zwila said:

sucks that destros animation cancel can take off 20% of me in one "hit" but my animation cancel just get RESIST RESIST RESIST RESIST. neato

Against what are you seeing resist, and what are you using? Animation cancels are usually performed on CC'd targets.

On 3/6/2016 at 2:16 AM, HUnewearl said:

Against what are you seeing resist, and what are you using? Animation cancels are usually performed on CC'd targets.

against KFM for example, EVERYTHING gets resisted then they 100-0 in one eternal stunlock.

1 minute ago, Zwila said:

against KFM for example, EVERYTHING gets resisted then they 100-0 in one eternal stunlock.

That does not change for Destroyer vs. KFM. KFM's iframes last for about 2 seconds when they hit Q/E, and they can continue to attack for the last second. If you attack into that 3 times in 30 seconds (yup, massive windows all around, extremely forgiving for the KFM), they become essentially immune to attack for 6 seconds, even being able to RNG evade abilities that penetrate defense (yup, extremely punishing for the KFM's opponent).

Destroyers aren't actually taking off 20% of your health with animation cancel hits, either. They can only do that by using Fury (45-second cooldown, 6-second buff) with T3S1 Smash (45-second cooldown attack, looks like an axe stab). That one hit deals as much damage as 5 Wrath/Cleave hits.

Archived