Error E02002

Envious587

Hey guys, I wanted to post about my experience with this error. If you have had this error come up when updating using the NCLauncher I can imagine you are pretty frustrated with the results for trouble shooting this issue. Most threads in this community, along with others off this site offer very little help and conclude with no true solution to the issue. Sadly I myself don't have a fix for this error but I have an idea as to what is causing this. 

Before Version 17 I was able to download and update this game using the launcher no problems. When V.17 came out I started receiving the error. I don't know if it has anything to do with that patch but I was unable update the game. HUGE BUMMER! So after doing some research and tinkering of my own I discovered that it may have had something to do with my internet connection. At the time I was using a mobile hotspot through Sprint.  I get unlimited LTE at speeds up to 20mbs a second. Any who I switched wifi networks to a cable connection instead of my hotspot and bingo. Updated no problems, and after patch just to see if the game would launch using my hotspot and it did. So my best guess is it may have to do with uPnP setting with routers. Because I was using a hotspot I was unable to access which ports are forwarded, and what kind of uPnP and peer to peer settings are used. 

Any how it took me quite some time to stumble across this work around to the error. I hope it helps someone out. 

This is the issue with router/internet provider blocking or messing up with traffic.

My friend had the same issue, and i have tried everything that i could think of.

I started to have a hunch that it was the internet. My friend had 2 computers, a did a clean windows reinstall on one, while leaving current setting on another. Both computers had exactly the same issue.

I started trying out various vpns to prove my point, and when i have connected to the one that works with blade and soul, the issue had disappeared.

Archived