Help regarding Flying Slam Tutorial

Face

So I've just downloaded this game yesterday and I'm currently stuck in the Way of the Kungfu Master Part 1 whereby I have to kill 3 of the Masked Hongmoon's mirror image with the "Tab" skill - Flying Slam.

However, for the past 20 minutes or so, I've been trying to do it to no avail which has led to much frustration. I disabled the NPC by kicking it down and trying to kill it while it is on the ground but the 3 second window is too small and I simply couldn't do it. 

Anyone has encountered this issue? Is it due to my lag or damage?

P.S. I can't seem to change the skill for the "Tab" too. It keeps activating the "Grapple" skill instead of the "Flying Slam" skill. 

Thanks. 

@Face

It's funny you're "complaining" about one of the coolest features of this game.

This is one of if not the most efficient game(s) out there where it comes to keybinds.

Different skills will be available based on conditions.

If you read Flying Slam, it displays a minimum range. It says 5-16m if I'm not mistaken, while Grapple has various requirements on top of being 3m range.

Just meet the conditions for Flying Slam (range) and it will be available.

I give you an idea: Use Rising Dragon (Z) - it will knock the enemy far enough away that your Flying Slam (TAB) will become available as a follow up. You can even do it fast enough to grapple the enemy once you get there by perssing TAB again.

@Zuzu

Thanks a lot for the help!

@Nurvus

I was stuck because I didn't know how to get it to activate and thought I had to change my hotkeys or something to replace Grapple with the skill. I didn't have access to Rising Dragon (Z) since I'm still in the tutorial mode.

Was just wondering if it was my ping which made it unable to pull off the combo required. I didn't realize that I was standing too close to the target all the time. 

I wasn't complaining but merely seeking help here genuinely because I'm totally new to this game. 

That's really great! On a side note, do you happen to know of any decently populated NA servers? I'm lost at the amount of servers offered and randomly picked one :p

I've browsed through some of the forum posts and it seems like Mushin is the most populated one but players there got to face with the queue issue to login?

Archived