Need Help KFM vs (FM / Assassin)

Devianne

Hi im gold rating KFM (not 45 yet) but still...

i do beat a couple of FM and a couple of assassins but i do not have a solid way of facing FM or even how to properly open.

FM: i currently try to just stick to them as much as i can and close gaps asap cuz i noticed as soon as the fm gets away from me and i start getting frozen i lose the match.

1/3 matches against FM i do win. Still maybe theres a more solid method on how to beat em. i do try to shadowdance around them too (given that i am close enough) but

like i said once im out of range and frozen where my gap closers dont work anymore idk rlly what to do anymore then >.<

Assassin: im not sure how to say it exactly. i know assassin is like my perfect counter but there has to be a way to beat them. Again i do win some against assassins but its questionable about the skill of that sin cuz the ones i win is where the sin doesnt focus on survival but rather direct dmg on me where i just combo them to death. the skilled ones hide wait for opener open dps poison and try get back into stealth. i do watchout for their stealth counter etc but that doesnt always work. When im flashed i counter and when i sence a sin is about to hit me i try that roundhouse kick to stun em. That surprisingly does work quite well but again i was just hoping that maybe theres a more solid way for sins too

Thx >.<

Hi!

Slight wall of text incoming

For FMs, you might want to spec for more unfreezes (when I say might, I mean it's mandatory). You're gonna want to spec your Tab on self freeze (exact name escapes me), 2 down, this will unfreeze you on use. You want to spec Avenging Fist middle tree, it'll become an approach skill you can use after counter that also unfreezes you. Points might be a problem here, getting to 45 might be mandatory, you get a lot of skillpoints then. Also keep in mind that FM does not have a ground counter, if they're knocked down, they'll tab escape, roll back (roll catch when this happens), try to attack or take the damage. You can stun them during this, using right tree Triple Kick helps here, as it will work on knockdowned opponents then. You can also LB 2 them during knockdown, generally they'll pop one of their escapes though.

Furthermore, save your SS for when you frozen, it'll unfreeze you and give access to Tiger Kick.

For Sins you might want to spec the 2nd block tree, elbow smash. This will not get disabled after their poison butterfly stuff, which helps a lot. You should also use the self freeze tab here, if they're near you this will take them out of stealth. Furthermore, spec Flurry for the daze and if they counter you can use it on them, you'll hit him in stealth with the extra hits Flurry provides and daze him, he'll have no option but roll, escape or take the damage. Try to predict the dazes and stuns they use that show up behind you, for the slower one you can both block or iframe it (the on that restealths), the instant daze that comes from kunai will need to be blocked or otherwise predicted with Q/E or SS, if you can get close enough to Q/E that is. Also, don't Tab escape instantly when they net you, you can get a daze on them if you wait a bit, this will force a roll.

I hope that helped, feel free to ask more questions

Hello dear fellow kfm!

I am a gold/platinum kfm. I go back and forth between these two.

I will tell you how to counter fm, first of all let me tell you that im 9/10 matches that I win vs fm.

You will need a good understanding of ur own skills and also be calm and rational when you use your skills, dont panic cause fm freeeze you to the ground.

You will also need to spec 3 points on ''Avenging fist'' the middle section, when you block an attack it will become activated on rmb. After that you can charge your opponent and also all ice/hold debuff on you will be lifted. Also you need 3 points on ice sheath to remove all ice debuffs on you, its also good for buying time and getting immune to dmg.

You will need to use ur backstep (SS) wisely and then charge them with LMB which will knock them down on the ground ''Tiger's Pounce'' it activates when you use SS.

And then you also got ur Smite (F) which can be usefull when you roll back up from a knockdown or from SS. 

Dont spam Q/E when you fight ur opponents, use them one at a time and get the triple kick activated and stun them with RMB. After that you can do it again with the other sidestep.

Your main goal is to keep fm's in the air most of the fight or make them use their stunbreak, and thats when the real fun starts, now you can use the infamous kfm combo. Which can stunlock an opponent till they die. The 3RF combo. Go to youtube to learn it.

Assassins.

This is our toughest opponent. But there is light at the end of the tunnel for those who believe!

You will have to use ur AOE skills wisely, anticipate them and also analyze what skills they are using ( This I learned the hard way ) There is also a really good youtube video on how to deal with assassins for KFM, I suggest you look that one up. It helped me alot. Aoe skills have a high chance of taking assasins out of stealth. 

Don't use your stun break to soon, thats what they want. After that you are fresh meat. Save it until you really need it. They are always trying to lure you to use it. Also, the sticky bomb that they apply to you, it will make it so that they can teleport and stun u from behind, so keep rotating 180 degrees and use block when you done so, and you will have a high chance of blocking their attack and thats then you smite them up into the skies!

I hope some of my thoughts here will help you become a better player!

Good luck and keep on rocking KFM!!!!

//Jade

Archived