Windows 10

Latest Drivers and game patched

Install BnS from BnS website download.

Run Download and install BnS

Launch "Cannot f ind NClauncher.exe"

Install NCLauncher App

Run BnS

NCLauncher app cannot continue

And there is no fix for this online anywhere. I see plenty of "BnS won't...." or "NClauncher.exe...." but not when BOTH refuse to work.

What the hell?

Uninstalled BnS and NClauncher

Ran Ccleaner

Rebooted

Tried again

and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again............

I managed to resolve this issue on my friends PC.

What I did

• Uninstalled NCLauncher
  • Uninstalled Blade and Soul files (the files to download an install the game but never worked)
  • Deleted the NCwest and NCsoft folders
  • Click "START" and type "%Appdata%" (without quotes) and remove anything NCsoft/NCwest related. Go up one folder into "Local" folder and do the same
  • Ran CCleaner on Registry
  • Rebooted
  • Did manual scan through entire Registry for "NCsoft" and removed them
  • Did manual scan through entire Registry for "NCWest" and removed them
  • Rebooted
  • Downloaded Blade and Soul and installed and working as intended.

I think we can point the finger at NCsoft (nothing new there, their developers are horrible) not getting rid of all registry entries from their unstall from their programs. Ooooh what a shocker right? Not.

Archived