FPS 120 to 30 (feels like 3-8 FPS)

Nezakhan

Hi!

So, a bit of a nightmare I'm having. Usually happens my 3rd 1-1 arena match.

My FPS goes from 120 to 30-50, but it feels like its under 10fps.

I'm still sifting through this player to player support forum, I'm hoping to check back here and find any advice .

It's getting unplayable.

I have something that might help you. I've spent 2 weeks now trying to fix my fps in BNS, I literally tried EVERYTHING people had suggested I read every thread on here, reddit and on BNS Dojo, nothing seemed to work.

My rig:

CPU: i7-5820k

RAM: 16gm DDR4

GPU: GTX 980

I was getting insane amounts of stuttering and could barely do any bosses due to the FPS drops, it made no sense to me considering my rig is pretty decent. But then I read about how this game is optimized and how it only uses a few cores of your CPU, so it dawned on me to try and boost the few cores that it does use. So I went to my bios and disabled Hyperthreading and went to Start > Power Options and put it on 'High Performance'. Now I get 0 stuttering, fps roaming is at 120, and I get 30 fps on max settings during poharan/other boss fights, instead of 8-12.

My rig
CPU: i7-5930K
MB: Asus X99-E WS 3.1
RAM: 32GB DDR4 OC
GPU: Hybrid air/+water (but just on air) 980 ti 6GB Poseidon
SSD: Game on Intel 400GB 750 on Hyperkit

Quick question, the other side of things is that while my FPS is steady for a time at 120fps, I have crazy input lag. People are saying you have to remap the mouse keys to KB keys, and then macro your mouse to trigger those KB keys. Am I understanding that right? The rare time something happens, and everything speeds up a great deal. I mean everything, and I'm starting to think that ... this may sound crazy .. but all this time I may not have been experiencing the game the same as many of you. The difference is crazy, I just didn't know how bad I was suffering until my FPS dipped to hilarity.

I don't know what NCSoft's problem is, but this doesn't happen in other games.

Archived