Need advice on Class.

Phelix

Hey all, a NEW player here, and I have some questions!

I am new to BnS, haven't even created a character and chosen a server yet, since I am the kind of player who tends to like to gather as much info about the game, ect. before jumping in to it.

So like I said I am new to this game, but not MMOs in general (Been playing MMOs for the past 17+ years.) so as far as understanding certain game mechanics and what to do, I am just fine in most cases.

So onto what I want/need out of my character.

1. Solo ability, now I am not saying that I don't want to group up, but, I don't want to have the feeling that I am being carried, or I'm holding back the group by being ineffective, ect.

2. Farming, I like to grind mobs/bosses/dungeons ect. as well as crafting, to make my money in games, so a class that excels at doing so, would be super.

3. Group worthy, when I do group up for dungeons, ect. I want to feel like I am one of the necessary cogs in the machine to keep everything running smooth, I just don't care to be just another, "X" in the group, lol.

4. PvP, I don't intend on doing any real Serious/Hardcore PvP, maybe just once in a while, and the only PvP I plan on doing is Faction vs. Faction in open world content, so a class that can handle him/herself is important.

5. As for a Faction, I want to be a member of, The Crimson Legion, so when it comes to a Server, I would like one that it's either populated evenly, or CL has a slight edge in active members, because I don't feel like getting steamrolled consistantly, rofl...

Anyways, thanks to those who can post, and help out!

Just for future reference, this game is massively skill and combo based, quick fingers recommended. 

8 minutes ago, Phelix said:

1. Solo ability, now I am not saying that I don't want to group up, but, I don't want to have the feeling that I am being carried, or I'm holding back the group by being ineffective, ect.

Every class can solo at least some endgame dungeons, but summoner (tank pet + healing + stealth) and assassin (perma stealth) are the best solo dungeon classes.

The class that does the most dps in a group changes from patch to patch, but your squishy dps only classes are the usual suspect. Knowing the fight and how to play your class is much more important than class choice. There isn't a single underpowered class that nobody wants in groups.

10 minutes ago, Phelix said:

2. Farming, I like to grind mobs/bosses/dungeons ect. as well as crafting, to make my money in games, so a class that excels at doing so, would be super.

Well, assassin for dungeons, there isn't much open world pve farming but every class has aoe options for it. Destroyers have pretty damn solid chain pull + aoe though. Still, for a general "solo pve grind" I'd overall pick assassin.

12 minutes ago, Phelix said:

3. Group worthy, when I do group up for dungeons, ect. I want to feel like I am one of the necessary cogs in the machine to keep everything running smooth, I just don't care to be just another, "X" in the group, lol.

No class is necessary, there is no traditional tank/healer/dps trinity, every brings different group synergy, all classes have mechanics that are good for some bosses. But I have to say that a tank BM/KFM who knows what he's doing is as close to invaluable as it gets. Technically, you can try to dodge or iframe everything, but having a dedicated tanker is great.

14 minutes ago, Phelix said:

4. PvP, I don't intend on doing any real Serious/Hardcore PvP, maybe just once in a while, and the only PvP I plan on doing is Faction vs. Faction in open world content, so a class that can handle him/herself is important.

Remember when I said that the game is massively skill based? Yeah. There are easy to play classes (Summoner, Blade Dancer, Destroyer) and the harder ones, but pvp is overall balanced and very very very much skill based. Yes, the current 45 patch is a bit imbalanced, but it'll even out at level 50. Pick a class that you enjoy. You can get almost as much health in open world as in the pvp arena, though early on you are super squishy. Some classes are OP as heck at low levels (assassin) while some get their important skills later (BM).

18 minutes ago, Phelix said:

5. As for a Faction, I want to be a member of, The Crimson Legion, so when it comes to a Server, I would like one that it's either populated evenly, or CL has a slight edge in active members, because I don't feel like getting steamrolled consistantly, rofl...

EU or NA? I don' have much to say about this, most servers seem to be fairly balanced.

Just play the class that you enjoy. Patches buffs nerfs come and go. It's more important to enjoy yourself.

1 hour ago, Clerith said:

Just for future reference, this game is massively skill and combo based, quick fingers recommended. 

Every class can solo at least some endgame dungeons, but summoner (tank pet + healing + stealth) and assassin (perma stealth) are the best solo dungeon classes.

The class that does the most dps in a group changes from patch to patch, but your squishy dps only classes are the usual suspect. Knowing the fight and how to play your class is much more important than class choice. There isn't a single underpowered class that nobody wants in groups.

Well, assassin for dungeons, there isn't much open world pve farming but every class has aoe options for it. Destroyers have pretty damn solid chain pull + aoe though. Still, for a general "solo pve grind" I'd overall pick assassin.

No class is necessary, there is no traditional tank/healer/dps trinity, every brings different group synergy, all classes have mechanics that are good for some bosses. But I have to say that a tank BM/KFM who knows what he's doing is as close to invaluable as it gets. Technically, you can try to dodge or iframe everything, but having a dedicated tanker is great.

Remember when I said that the game is massively skill based? Yeah. There are easy to play classes (Summoner, Blade Dancer, Destroyer) and the harder ones, but pvp is overall balanced and very very very much skill based. Yes, the current 45 patch is a bit imbalanced, but it'll even out at level 50. Pick a class that you enjoy. You can get almost as much health in open world as in the pvp arena, though early on you are super squishy. Some classes are OP as heck at low levels (assassin) while some get their important skills later (BM).

EU or NA? I don' have much to say about this, most servers seem to be fairly balanced.

Just play the class that you enjoy. Patches buffs nerfs come and go. It's more important to enjoy yourself.

I am NA, so I was thinking an active server, that has a fair amount of Red on it.

Archived