Blackwrym Strategies as Assassin?

MyJuwol

I used to die heaps at Blackwyrm, but since I got my Blackram and Moonwater sets, I haven't died. Generally with Blackwyrm, it's a 18s rotation on his roar (as long as the tank is constant). I stealth in behind him, rmb + f for 6 seconds, 1 to refresh stealth, rmb + f for the other 6. Then last 6 seconds involves me running out of range of the roar and returning again. 

I'm really laggy, so you could actually time your SS to when he roars (once you're used to his rotation), or use your Lotus Fury specced into 5 strike iframe when he roars. Careful for his poison and his front attacks; I prefer to be behind him at all times to infiltrate easier.

1 minute ago, Ayahime said:

I used to die heaps at Blackwyrm, but since I got my Blackram and Moonwater sets, I haven't died. Generally with Blackwyrm, it's a 18s rotation on his roar (as long as the tank is constant). I stealth in behind him, rmb + f for 6 seconds, 1 to refresh stealth, rmb + f for the other 6. Then last 6 seconds involves me running out of range of the roar and returning again. 

I'm really laggy, so you could actually time your SS to when he roars (once you're used to his rotation), or use your Lotus Fury specced into 5 strike iframe when he roars. Careful for his poison and his front attacks; I prefer to be behind him at all times to infiltrate easier.

What is the moonwater set? Sorry for my ignorance...

No that's fine! Moonwater Arena is the set you can equip at level 45, takes 160 faction insignias. You have to farm the opposite faction's bosses, who randomly spawn whenever a NPC on that faction dies. Generally you can find an insignia farm if you ask your faction, and a whole group of you goes to the opposite faction and kills all the NPCs. For sins, I found it a bit tedious because we don't have a lot of AOE. I specced plaguemist (3 points in your (4) poison, use the right most side tree) to make it easier, and I just go hard on the bosses. Moonwater is the tankier one (36k HP for me) but not as much damage as Blackram (26k HP).

6 minutes ago, Ayahime said:

No that's fine! Moonwater Arena is the set you can equip at level 45, takes 160 faction insignias. You have to farm the opposite faction's bosses, who randomly spawn whenever a NPC on that faction dies. Generally you can find an insignia farm if you ask your faction, and a whole group of you goes to the opposite faction and kills all the NPCs. For sins, I found it a bit tedious because we don't have a lot of AOE. I specced plaguemist (3 points in your (4) poison, use the right most side tree) to make it easier, and I just go hard on the bosses. Moonwater is the tankier one (36k HP for me) but not as much damage as Blackram (26k HP).

Got it! I just checked the cerulean order merchants, none of them are selling Moonwater shields, just some necklaces, costumes, etc. Is tehre another location where I buy them?

8 minutes ago, MyJuwol said:

Got it! I just checked the cerulean order merchants, none of them are selling Moonwater shields, just some necklaces, costumes, etc. Is tehre another location where I buy them?

the shields are in that vendor, they are just in a different tab at the top

Archived