Is the ability to whisper as sub-11 character ever coming back?

Florence

Since last friday, I haven't been able to play because I'm not able to whisper my friends. I understand it was part of the changes to deal with spammers, but it's a big problem.

I appear online to friends, they whisper me, and they just get silence as a response. Either block whispers to lowbies as well so that the person sending the whisper doesn't expect a response, or let us at reply if whispered to.

I don't want to just sit there, ignoring people while trying to grind out the levels. Also, I haven't heard of anyone complaining about being whispered by spammers, so I don't see how blocking whispers affects the spam problem.

2 minutes ago, Florence said:

Since last friday, I haven't been able to play because I'm not able to whisper my friends. I understand it was part of the changes to deal with spammers, but it's a big problem.

I appear online to friends, they whisper me, and they just get silence as a response. Either block whispers to lowbies as well so that the person sending the whisper doesn't expect a response, or let us at reply if whispered to.

I don't want to just sit there, ignoring people while trying to grind out the levels. Also, I haven't heard of anyone complaining about being whispered by spammers, so I don't see how blocking whispers affects the spam problem.

As far as I know, chat block is temporary until a better solution is found. Getting to level 11 should be quick, so  it's not that much of a problem either.

And I have friends PMed by bots all the time. I haven't yet been, though.

I know.

One thing that has turned me off to this game already, at level 4, is how limited my interaction is. I have a million questions that the brief in-game dialog doesn't answer. And I'm shut off from the community until level 10 or later?

Why? Based on the ridiculous amont of spam, gold spam, etc... this policy seems to be DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT HINDERING LEGITIMATE PLAYERS.

/sigh.

*ncsoft titles, how I forgot why I don't ever last long in them*

Archived