Request [Quest Sharing]

Dracconus

Within several points in leveling I've found myself wanting one thing from this game more than anything:
Quest sharing

So, me being me, I'm going to be nice, and provide a basic script showing how quest sharing could work for the developers.
It's very simple.  

If the player selects a quest to share the server will check the player it's being shared to.  It will check to ensure that the following conditions are met:
1.  The quest hasn't been previously accepted, and is in their active quest log (or completed log if it's a one time quest)
2.  The quest item necessary to start the quest (if there is one) is in the players inventory, and if not, it will place it inside of their inventory. (I didn't code out the free space enumerator, or function because this is a "rough draft" anyways, since I don't have access to the game's source code.)

If both conditions are met then the script will execute and players will be able to party together, and share quests with one another amounting in a more immersive experience, and exp gained for both parties, and "kill counts" to be shared across party members, instead of a single individual that started the combat.

====================================

if (Player* playerQuestObject = object->ToPlayer())
    {
        if ((_player->GetOperand() && _player->GetOperand() != guid) ||
           ((object != _player && !playerQuestObject->CanShareQuest(questId))))
        {
            CLOSE_CHAT_CLEAR_OPERAND();
            return;
        }
    }
    else
    {
        if (!object->hasQuest(questId))
        {
            CLOSE_CHAT_CLEAR_OPERAND();
            return;
        }
    }

====================================

This is just a quick script to show how quest sharing checks could work.  It's not the entire script for sharing, or even an example of such as that would require database scripts as well as header files, and other stuff to be made, so it's just "not worth doing" at my level as a player.

I hope that the developers will find this to be a substantial addition to the game and we will see it implemented soon.

Archived