Aspiring Tank Kung Fu

BelovedClan

So now I wish to try Yanky Kung Fu.

I am cuirous as to where the best Soul Shield is for all the defensive things. Saw someone with something very tanky like. A Moonwater Area I think was in the name.

Am Level 45 and just wanna help but am about to sleep so thought some peoples could offer locations or some such assistance.

Also, would making or finding myself gear that is more defensive wise considering the lack of being able to upgrade them? I know finding something better than what you have is good but am curious.

What stats you want depend on how good you are at dodging/countering boss abilities. If you're really good at it, you don't really need much defensive stats, you can go offensive instead (like crit, for example). If you feel your skills aren't up to par yet you might want to get defensive stats such as block, evasion and defense to compensate for your lacking ability to react.

Either way I'd recommend farming the Moonwater Arena set (killing the enemy faction bosses in Misty Woods) for starters, as it gives decent all-round stats and is very easy to get. The best though is the purple Blackram set (gotten from Blackram Supply Chain, the dungeon). All the soul shield pieces in this set has RNG stat-rolls, so you could get either offensive or defensive (or both) stats when you unseal it, thus you'd want to farm them until you get pieces with the stats you want.

P.S. I wouldn't recommend going full-defensive in terms of stats as it could be challenging to keep aggro if your party members are doing vastly more DPS than you.

Well for dodging and such I can be mixed depending on how I am feeling. Senses are dulled what with my not being so well currently.

I know dodging and such could utterly circumvent the need for defense, and I would go with that but I really fell behind with my gear when I was following the story. I mean my fist was a little under the need for a Lycan Gauntlet on my weapon's upgrade path. Thank you for the data but it could be that I have trouble seeing everything such as with the spider and supply chain bosses with all the skills from my allies, likely fixed in settings.

Makes sense yes.

Archived