Crashing on Blackwyrm

Corvie

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions on how to fix my constant blackwyrm crashing issue. Long story short, my fps plummets down to about 7-10 and I begin getting intermittent game freezes. Sometimes after a few seconds, it bounces back, but other times, I get a "not responding" error. Eventually, it freezes to a point where I have to end the game through task manager. This is a massive inconvenience and is preventing me from dpsing and tanking blackwyrm in large parties. Sometimes if there isn't that many people my game survives the whole fight with around 15-20 fps, but if it's a crowded channel, then gg.

System Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4820K @ 3.90 GHz

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP4

Mem: 16GB DDR3 PC3-10700 9-9-9-24 (4x4GB)

GPU: 2x NVidia GeForce GTX770 4GB (in two-way SLI)

So I'm not using a potato computer. I've set all graphics settings to 1, Ctrl + F, disabled all extra filtering and texture effects, turned off all player names, ran it in windowed and full-screen mode (I do have a triple monitor setup). No improvement.

I've also tried overclocking the CPU to about 4.20 GHz, ensured that XMP for RAM is enabled, increased my virtual memory page to 48GB manually, updated my video drivers to the most recent version, DOWNGRADED them to a previous stable version, and it's still crashing, with no discernible change in performance. CPU core temperature never exceeds 55 C, and GPU temp never climbs above 65 C. Crashes of this type and behavior never occur in other games or applications. I'm running out of ideas, anybody have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

I am experiencing the exact same problem. With a group of around 10 people i dont have an issue, however, if the number of players increases .. RIP! Starts with 5sec screen freezes then game crashes to desktop :/ Same thing applies to the Terrors. I dont know what i can do to resolve this, or at least improve things.

I am having almost the same setup just 8GB RAM and 1 GTX 770 4GB and this happens to me even in Poh24 man when all people on channel get to her it's only 24 people characters are hidden everything set to 1 all effects turned off and game runs with 1-7 fps during the fight and sometimes completely freezes for 10 - 20 seconds. 

FIXED IT!, Downloaded CleanMem, It keeps the game from memory leaking, and solves the problem, the only issue is it will skip fps for like half a second every so often, which is so much better than not being able to stay connected for blackwyrm. Let me know if this solves the problem for the rest of you. GOOD LUCK

• 2 weeks later...

So i've found a fix for myself that might work for others. Change your resolution. 

4790k 4.4

980ti

16g 2133

z97a gaming 7 msi mobo

my cpu usage sits at 23% and gpu on 11% at maximum settings in this game. i'd tried everything before to get my bw fps up from 5 (super crowded) to like 20 when it's not as populated. Every other area i have at least 90fps. 

Easiest fix i found was switching from my 1440p to 720p resolution. My fps at bw is now a steady 60+ even when it's ridiculously packed. Try it out. 

Archived