my first and maybe last post about fps(dont be mad)

xshushox

Sorry for the long post, and thank you for taking your time reading it =D

Hello guys, i'm new in the forum, and i'm kinda new to the game, and , honestly, I love it! and I am making this post just to get some answers.

I know this has been posted several times now,  but i'm just really confused so please, there's no need for rude answers.

Sooooo the thing is, i know the game has some optimization problems, below i'll leave my pc specs, and the questions for the answers im seeking, so please be patient.

GPU: NVIDIA  GeForce GTX TITAN X

CPU : i7-3770 3.40  GHz with turbo thingie up to 3.90 GHz (I know it may not be the best with  the GPU I have)

RAM: 16GB (dont remember the rest)

and you know the rest too, 15-30 fps most of the time,  blah blah etcetera etcetera

I followed several optimization guides, including the one from a chinese player I believe, which was said to work wonders to most users, I tinkered with my CPU , disabled Hyperthreading,

and a lot more, and nothing seems to work, so here are the questions since  I haven't been able to find an official answer :

1.-Is this a problem with Windows 10, GPU(some models only), UE3, is my CPU  not good enough or whats causing this?

2.-Are there any plans to work on a fix in the near future? with new content coming out it'll be hard for people with this problem to enjoy it. (I may be the only one though)

3.- could this be caused by my monitor and/or the resolution? i use a Sony Bravia 32"

4.- if I downgrade to windows 7, are better results guaranteed ? i dont mind doing it, its like a month old install, so i just have a couple of games, but im too lazy to download them again lol

there's also a possibility that it's a hardware problem on my end, meaning my CPU is dying or something, but i dont think it is, i can play other games just fine.

thanks for the honest replies, and remember, no need to get mad. bless.

Have you fps issue when "optimized for combat" is on? Where you get below 30 fps (world, dungeon, areana, towns, many animation casts around you)? Are you sure you graphics card turn in (some require manually operations like change power settings)? Try to use Alt+Enter to make your game run in fullscreen (but it could be hard, you need press keys at the same time, NOT alt then enter), see the difference.

Hi,

I don't know what it is but I also have this issue, I have about the same Settings as your PC, and in dungeons VS just the boss + 6 other players  I get below 30FPS. When not in Combat I get about 120FPS constantly. In the open world with 6+ mobs fighting at the same time, I get 120FPS.  Fighting VS the open world boss I get about 90+FPS. I think  the game is poorly optimized its random at most times, sometimes I get 120FPS and other times 60 and below, it's obviously this game because I can run other MMOs and PC games on max settings without any FPS drops. I kinda gave up on the find your own fix. 

Cheers,

Joe

I read some similar complaints about FPS drop especially from those players using NVidia graphic cards. I'm using an XFX R9-290 gpu, and so far so good i haven't encountered any frame rate issue.. I guess the game is not fully optimized with the newest nvidia graphic cards.

26 minutes ago, DankDuck1 said:

Just so you guys know, by the way, BnS is a more CPU intensive game than GPU, hence why I'm getting a lot better framerate than those of you with better GPUs.

So your point is that having I5-2500k 3.3ghz is not enough anymore? Thats just ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, epr said:

So your point is that having I5-2500k 3.3ghz is not enough anymore? Thats just ridiculous.

39 minutes ago, Linkage467 said:

Im having the same problem random frame drops no matter the setting of the graphics and my game crashes too. ive tried everything.

windows 10

i5 3570 k

EVGA 960 ssc 

30 minutes ago, DankDuck1 said:

Just so you guys know, by the way, BnS is a more CPU intensive game than GPU, hence why I'm getting a lot better framerate than those of you with better GPUs.

^- This game was made back in 2010 based on U3 Engine which supported DX9 therefore thats why you get the drops and until you have ultra hardcore rig for $5k then you won't run the game at STABLE 60fps unless the 10th patch will introduce something new.

4 minutes ago, J4acko said:

^- This game was made back in 2010 based on U3 Engine which supported DX9 therefore thats why you get the drops and until you have ultra hardcore rig for $5k then you won't run the game at STABLE 60fps unless the 10th patch will introduce something new.

Nah, my rig was like $1200 I run 60+ FPS

2 minutes ago, DankDuck1 said:

Nah, my rig was like $1200 I run 60+ FPS

Let's put a hypothesis that FPS drops are randomly happening throughout the community.

Why won't they even bother to answer it publically? I  messaged the support they told me to do a bunch of shitty fixes which didnt even do anything

4 minutes ago, J4acko said:

Let's put a hypothesis that FPS drops are randomly happening throughout the community.

Why won't they even bother to answer it publically? I  messaged the support they told me to do a bunch of shitty fixes which didnt even do anything

Well, they've already announced that they're going to be upgrading the game to Dx11, you just gotta give it time. But yeah, the FPS drops are terrible.

Well I was monitoring today's BW fight and was wondering how my CPU will react - most of the time it doesnt jump above 50%. So Im sorry but I still do not understand this shit, how this can happen. The FPS was steady as always 10 FPS entire fight with combat optimization on with some random freezes.

I had a issue too, you could try go to control panel/power settings "Performance" keeps your cpu from down clocking. Go to nvida control panel find the game and set it to "prefer maximum performance" keeps your gpu from down clocking. In game turn vsync off(is what mainly seemed to fix my issue). Haven't dropped below 55fps outside of 24man poh(48fps) then by using ctrl+f to hide other characters brings it back into the the 80's. If your running a gtx 9xx series there seems to be issue regardless of settings. Possible driver issues, is my only guess. Try using a older version driver.

After playing 5hr's today I got FPS Minimum:48 // FPS Average:83 // FPS Maximum:187

Windows 10 Pro

I5-4670k @4.6 Mhz

Evga Gtx 780 SC @1173 Mhz

2 hours ago, DankDuck1 said:

Well, they've already announced that they're going to be upgrading the game to Dx11, you just gotta give it time. But yeah, the FPS drops are terrible.

thank you, thats one of the answers I was looking for, could you please share the link to the announcement?

1 hour ago, stalkster said:

After playing 5hr's today I got FPS Minimum:48 // FPS Average:83 // FPS Maximum:187

isn't the game capped at 121 fps?

Hey there,

I have followed this guide from a Taiwanse guy and it helped me get better with my fps I hope it would be helpful for you as well. He suggests that Windows 7 is optimized better for Blade and Soul. I have tried to switch back and forth between windows 7 Pro 64bit and windows 10 Pro 64bit and I can confirm that his statement is true. 

According to the Taiwanese fellow here: http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?page=1&bsn=12980&snA=43407

The best Nvidia driver for B&S is Geforce 353.62 WHQL you can google and get it on Nvidia website. I also find this statement is true as it makes my fps more stable with the exception of BlackWing and Terrors fights. 

Here is the brush up version of a guy on reddit:

1. Download nvidia inspector http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html
2. Open it and click the tool icon next to the driver version
3. Locate Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in the profile selection
4. Click the "add application to current profile" icon
5. Locate the Blade and Soul client.exe located in Ncsoft/BnS/bin - this will be wherever you installed it at.
6. IMPORTANT: Make sure to select "Application absolute path" above the open/cancel buttons when you select the client.exe
7. Hit Apply Changes
8. Scroll down to the Other section of the settings and find "Shim Rendering Mode Options per application for Optimus" and change it to "SHIM_RENDERING_OPTIONS_DEFAULT_RENDERING_MODE" and Apply Changes again.
9. Open your Nvidia control panel and go to Manage 3D Settings
10. Click the Program Settings tab and then hit add
11. Click browse and go to where you installed BnS and find the client.exe file in the Ncsoft/BnS/bin directory
12. After selecting the client.exe the profile should be named Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn but have the BnS icon next to the name.
13. Go back to Nvidia inspector and under Compatibility find SLI compatibility bits (NOT the DX1x one) and change it to: 0x03402405 (Blade & Soul (China), Blade & Soul (Korea))
14. Now under Other find Memory Allocation Policy and change it to "WKS_MEMORY_ALLOCATION_POLICY_AGGRESSIVE_PRE_ALLOCATION"
Note: This forces your windows theme to switch to basic rather than Aero.
15. Under Antialiasing change Antialiasing - Behavior Flags to "None"
16. Hit Apply Changes and you should be good to go.

i've followed that guide and i'm still stucked in the lowest settings..

i have a 2600k overclocked at 4.4Ghz

i have a gtx 980..

i'm on windows 8.1

i should be able to max out this with ease.. my CPU is clocked high and i have a very good graphics card.

People that posted about their FPS at least tell us the in game settings you are running at.

We people with high end PCs, expect to run this on MAX SETTINGS.

Archived