BnS dll crashes fix

lindyhop

I have the game installed on 3 computers and could not figure out why one of the computers always crashed and showed multiple random errors. The most being the BnScrashreport DLL error. It was working on Win 7 and 10 but not working on one of the Win 7 comps.

At first I thought it was windows 7 versus windows 10 or the Razor SDK thing but none of those "fixes" worked.

That's when I figured it out.

Both of the working clients were installed on secondary HDDs while the error crashing client was installed in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder.

I uninstalled the one in the C:\Program Files (x86) and re-installed under just C:\NCSOFT and now the client works with no problems.

I hope this fixes the error for everyone else.

I have my game installed on a secondary hard drive E:.  Was working fine during beta and a few days since launch, but i've spent more time not being able to logon game than actual gameplay.

I dont have it installed on C:

E:\HDDMAIN\ncsoft\bns

Should I change the installed path from the one I currently use?  I'm at a loss and so is ncsoft, they wont respond to my tickets, cuz they too are confused.

2 hours ago, lindyhop said:

I I have the game installed on 3 computers and could not figure out why one of the computers always crashed and showed multiple random errors. The most being the BnScrashreport DLL error. It was working on Win 7 and 10 but not working on one of the Win 7 comps.

At first I thought it was windows 7 versus windows 10 or the Razor SDK thing but none of those "fixes" worked.

That's when I figured it out.

Both of the working clients were installed on secondary HDDs while the error crashing client was installed in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder.

I uninstalled the one in the C:\Program Files (x86) and re-installed under just C:\NCSOFT and now the client works with no problems.

I hope this fixes the error for everyone else.

I have the game installed on my E:// drive because I only use a 32GB SSD only for windows. the E drive is a 1TB which is where I store all my games and software. - The most upsetting thing about the BnS crashes are that I could play for 2 hours and then crash, or play for 5 minutes and then crash... I've crashed more than 20 times in the last 2 days alone. The idea of just uninstalling is beginning to sound really good in my head. But I haven't given up just yet. NCSOFT... please fix this, I beg you.

Archived