Lyn Blade Dancer

TerraDraco

So as beginer LBM (around 1600 rank) wanted to ask what is the bet way to deal whit assasin stealth. And on same topic - what do you focus vs summ - cat or summ? I usually focus cat, but once I tried to focus summ and that went surprisingly easy. I guess he started to panick from all those air combos... And generally we could make this topic as LBM discussion - tips playing LBM and tips playing vs LBM. 

Sometimes you just have to recognize that other classes will have an advantage on you that you can't really do a lot about proactively. Stealth is one of them. You can always catch them out but using you V pull, 3 KD or Spin to hit them out of stealth, but a good assassin player will usually keep their distance if they know your CD's are ready so it's tough. You can sometimes turn away from them, SS to close the gap, quickly spin back around and V pull them out of stealth. Most of the time it comes down to how many times you can spin to avoid being CC'd and hopefully get off a parry as well.

As for summoners, everybody will have a different answer because everybody has a different playstyle; both summoners and blade dancers. Sometimes you can blow up the cat with ease, other times the summoner will know to protect the cat and make it use the defensive curl or swap with it to prevent damage. I found it's usually best to focus them both down at the same time. V pull them together, 3 KD them together, pentaslash knockup together. I also usually finish off air combos with RMB to get the AoE knockdown. it also seems to go off faster than LMB leaving the cat less time to CC you out of it.

I've seen other classes (destroyer specifically comes to mind) leap stun them together, grab one of them, use your AoE knockdown out of grab and blow the shit out of the cat with ease. Just know that if the summoner isn't CC'd as you blow up the cat, he can use skills to mess up your combos.

I guess I will just have to play bit more to learn my way whit summoners. As for assasin - I didnt know that V pull can pull them out of stealth. Thanks for that. As for spin - kinda never seen them unstealthed after I block them. Maybe I just never noticed that or they used theyr escape

If they are stealthed and you parry them, they actually don't drop out of stealth since they weren't actually damaged in the process. A lot of assassins do attack you near the end of their stealth however so it usually drops off pretty quick.

You got it though. Summoners definitely took me a while to learn how to play against and I still get shit on from time to time. Just make sure to keep your Tab around for when the cat 4 second pins you. Also your 2nd tier of Z, your grab break, can be specced into to get out of the cat grab as well. Kind of like a fail safe if you blow your tab for something else.

Most assassins are playing for time atm, just dont let them get any real distance to kite. Or after a good combo KO them for some time with 4+x.
I focus the summer personally, grip the cat, x to toss it behind me way outta range where its knocked out for 30s? Beat the the hell out of summoner. Only time I've have it not work the summoner was agile and dodged back across the arena to hang near the cat so I might hit it and wake it up, which I did midway into my combo. Most games the cat doesn't even come back before the summoner is dead. Done the reverse to KO the summoner, took longer but still was doable.

1 minute ago, Outdatedkero said:

Most assassins are playing for time atm, just dont let them get any real distance to kite. Or after a good combo KO them for some time with 4+x.
I focus the summer personally, grip the cat, x to toss it behind me way outta range where its knocked out for 30s? Beat the the hell out of summoner. Only time I've have it not work the summoner was agile and dodged back across the arena to hang near the cat so I might hit it and wake it up, which I did midway into my combo. Most games the cat doesn't even come back before the summoner is dead. Done the reverse to KO the summoner, took longer but still was doable.

My usuall combo goes like this start whit 2 stun, than follow whit F knock up, air combo, than use Z for knock up air combo, after that done I use 1 for knock down so I would be sure my force grab will work, during force grab I use usual combo finishing whit drain whit stun and then I can launch my 3 air combo, because knock up F is off cd. 

As for assasins - its hard to follow them when they stealth and jump to edge of arena. 

Archived