This is stupid beyond so many lvls..

fud420

ok i cant take this any more .. UP the dam  spawn times on mining nodes .. 1h re spawn .is harsh and unwarranted ..  you have people farming the lower materials so they can sell at a inflated cost ..im lvl 18 and i have not found 1 ...I REPETE 1 node to mine..that is  ridiculous.at this rate ill be lvl 30-40 before i find one to mine..stop making the game suck by letting the speed farmers .and gold farmers mine out all the resources and sell them on the market to make money . by price gouging the new players .how do you think the gold sellers are making money off you .up the spawn timer to 20 mins ..on the lower  mining nodes so people can learn and lvl up skills.then in the higher areas set teh spawn timer to 1h if ya wish..but ya losing people who like to craft .. due to no materials . unless ya buy them off the market .. or get lucky as hell and find 1 node to mine. i mean really think.gold farmers make money off little things like that .in a big way  and pls do not  try and say . that is not true. i watched 4 of the spammers sitting at mine nodes ..all the while i see them posting gold for sale on the faction chat,,same names ..all were under lvl 10 so ya might wana rethink ya crafting and how the spawns effect the in game economy and your new player who is trying the game and likes to craft. basically  think smart. if the nodes spawn faster .. they lower materials will be more available  and not so high priced .in turn ya cutting the gold farmers supply line ,and making the game a lil better .for the newer players and learning the crafting system..

this is my opinion.i been playing mmo rpg's for over 14 ish years now and if i think the game is worth it i pay for a subscription .or buy in game currency from the games sight.

but atm the crafting is broken at least the harvesting part of it .. cant comment on the rest due to NO NODE's to mine 

While I certainly agree with the fundamentals of your critique, the people at NCSoft & Team Bloodlust are people just like you and me, lets try being a little more diplomatic and offer some well thought constructive criticism so we can all help the developers make the game be the absolute best it can be :)

That being said, trying to mine any type of node is a difficult process in its current iteration.  At least as far as I'm concerned, the only way that I could do it is if I find the spawning point and camp it until the node spawns and that can take a long time, that is no fun for anyone.  People love the combat system because its fun and standing around to wait to mine nodes is not .  I'd suggest an increase the node spawn times or maybe rethink how to enhance the gathering process entirely to accommodate the player base that enjoys crafting/marketing.

MMO's are great simply because of systems that are available to accommodate different play styles.  Crafting/Gathering while a smaller piece of the overall game is great form of horizontal progression for players and in my opinion is something that should not be taken lightly; a good system can keep players in game which is both good for the players and good for the game.  It's a win win

I'm guessing you have no idea about the "channel" that is listed at the top of your minimap.   You can change the channel every 3 minutes.  Now that you know how to do it, this is why you do it.  Changing a channel also puts you into a different phase of the same map.   I have made runs from one end of a map to the other checking quartz nodes and then change the channel to check it in a different phase.   Some maps may only have 3 active channels, other maps can have 15+ channels active.    Another trick is to go through the map portals (going from one area to another and it loads in the next map) this will also change the channel, going back and forth through this portal you can watch the channel change, yes it is random.    

So in short, yes you can mine nodes.

And just to add, you don't need those nodes to level your crafting, just craft something without them, and if it's silver you are concerned about well pickaxe price almost same as mined ores so just sell your pickaxe's instead, all ores i needed i bought of AH because even with that you can make profit just by crafting something in demand. I never been in a situation that inability to mine would affect me in any way and occasionally each time you run pass a node if it's not there just switch channel, sometimes you get lucky, but as i said you can spend entire game without mining a single one and you are not affected in any way. 

Archived