Help with Error 4049

Gersh

Hello all,

I recently dual booted my computer and added windows 8.1 to my mac.  I was really looking forward to this game, but have yet to have a chance to play.  Every time I try to load the game, I get a system 4049 error and get booted to a page about GameGuard.  I've researched this error and have yet to find a successful route. I've tried

• Unistalling and reinstalling the game
  • Deleting and letting the launcher reinstall GameGuard
  • Opening task manager and closing all thing Blade and Soul Related
  • Running Blade and Soul through Steam
  • Shutting down firewalls

What is interesting, is that I tried the same thing with Elsword yesterday to the same result. But, when I downloaded Elsword through steam, I am able to run it flawlessly.  The only thing I haven't been (and won't be able to try) is anything regarding the modem due to being in college on their wifi.

Any tips or insights to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Gersh said:

Hello all,

I recently dual booted my computer and added windows 8.1 to my mac.  I was really looking forward to this game, but have yet to have a chance to play.  Every time I try to load the game, I get a system 4049 error and get booted to a page about GameGuard.  I've researched this error and have yet to find a successful route. I've tried

• Unistalling and reinstalling the game
  • Deleting and letting the launcher reinstall GameGuard
  • Opening task manager and closing all thing Blade and Soul Related
  • Running Blade and Soul through Steam
  • Shutting down firewalls

What is interesting, is that I tried the same thing with Elsword yesterday to the same result. But, when I downloaded Elsword through steam, I am able to run it flawlessly.  The only thing I haven't been (and won't be able to try) is anything regarding the modem due to being in college on their wifi.

Any tips or insights to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

First terminate any process in your Task Manager related to BnS or Gameguard..
Then replace Gameguard folder in [C:\ > Program Files (x86) > NCSoft > BnS > bin] with this one Here.

On 1/26/2016 at 0:32 AM, Jouju said:

First terminate any process in your Task Manager related to BnS or Gameguard..
Then replace Gameguard folder in [C:\ > Program Files (x86) > NCSoft > BnS > bin] with this one Here.

Hello,

I tried this and it worked for a little bit, only for me not to be able to get past the character pin input screen.  Now I'm back to getting 4049 error codes.  

Archived