[SUGGESTION]Possible solution to deal with gold spammers

Rayd3rz

Sup all!

A lot of posts about gold sellers spamming faction chat etc... 

I've read one interesting idea how to deal with them (this is not my solution though)... not sure if the best idea,but here it goes:

"I just asked a friend to code a "Gold Spammer" report/bot, based on the number of players logged since the first report, its very simple:

- When the first 15 reports of gold spam goes in, the chat log is saved on the time the 10th is received

- Code auto-scan the server for 10% of the players online (Ex.: if i have 10.000 players, he will wait for 1.000 reports)

- The reports still counts for the next 2 hours, if the player received 70% of the 10% to auto-ban the account will be suspended, this means 700 reports.

- Suspended accounts are passed to our staff (with the chat log), that reaches IP and MCA, to permaban the gold sellers.

- With 10% of the ammount reached in less than 1 hour the account is permabanned and the staff will look into it.

This system works really well with high-pop servers, because if you have 1000 people online, you need only 15 report to start the bot, and 100 to ban someone, most of the guilds today has more than 100 members."

Archived