NZ/Au arena server

VurgE

It would be nice to see a NZ/AU server for arena, the ping difference vs people in NA is just so bad, its not much a problem early on but against anyone decent the issues become more and more obvious. Even if we cant get a world server, just having an arena server would be fine, maybe an option to select our oceana region and then get paired with others who select that region on the oceana arena server.

Secondly, it seems that the impute delay and other ping related issues are exceptionally worse in arena. I mean in the open world its not THAT bad, and when I pvp  in the open world it isn't THAT bad, but in the arena it's clearly worse. Things like skills going through players and not hitting them while they are clear as day in the effected area or like I land the shouler push after a block, and then charge them but there will be this terrible delay before it happens or before I can follow up after the charge often meaning I only get the charge and a shin kick instead of a charge shin kick and a cyclone kick which I can get in the open world but not in arena. It just feels... slow...or unresponsive, not even like ping delay, in the open world it feels like ping delay in arena it feels unresponsive.

I really enjoy the game and the combat/pvp system but while I can see myself needing to improve in areas and in general play as I'm fairly new to this concept, I don't see myself able to get past gold. Maybe as a ranged class, a force master perhaps since somethings are taken care of, homing attacks, lack of melee range discrepancies and so on. I would really hope to see some sort of effort made for oceanic players, either a world server or JUST an arena server since that's what is important. 

Why is the ping issues so much worse in arena than the open world ?

Would it be foreseeable that we get an oceana option for pvp even if JUST in the ARENA finder?. (really just need the arena server as it is all that is important.)

Thanks

Do you use VPN. I use Pingzapper setting server to Dallas, and while it's not magically solving every problem I don't notice that problem at all. In fact PvP Arena is better than PvE open world for some reasons.

And I doubt they would ever have an Oceania dedicated server. 

Basically high ping is caused by inefficient data ravelling route and it's more apparent across long distance, which VPN help reduce. E.g from AUS to Dallas server normally you go through you -> your ISP -> A -> B -> C -> D -> E -> F -> G -> data server ISP -> data server, with VPN it's you -> your ISP -> VPN A -> VPN B -> data server ISP -> data server and skip B-> F. It won't magically make you play like server is 50 miles away from your house, but it does help a lot. Whoever claim their ISP is tier 1 and does not need VPN to play on oversea server is lying. Tier 1 ISP can only help with local i.e if you're in the US and server is in the US, tier 1 ISP means you don't need VPN to play from West Coast with server on East Coast. If server is in Korea, VPN is the only way to get a decent ping. For us Aussie the only way to get a decent ping to play majority of MMOs which 99% of the time oversea, is getting a VPN.

Edit: Another benefit with VPN is it reduces package loss, so less chance of you pressing the button but server does not receive the signal.

im having the same problem with arena pvp. everything has become unresponsive. it wasnt like this before but some time the last few days, the delay set in. as for vpn, id prolly need to try it out if i want to get through the arena again. so now i ask - what vpn would you suggest?

16 hours ago, BigBoomBoom said:

Basically high ping is caused by inefficient data ravelling route and it's more apparent across long distance, which VPN help reduce. E.g from AUS to Dallas server normally you go through you -> your ISP -> A -> B -> C -> D -> E -> F -> G -> data server ISP -> data server, with VPN it's you -> your ISP -> VPN A -> VPN B -> data server ISP -> data server and skip B-> F. It won't magically make you play like server is 50 miles away from your house, but it does help a lot. Whoever claim their ISP is tier 1 and does not need VPN to play on oversea server is lying. Tier 1 ISP can only help with local i.e if you're in the US and server is in the US, tier 1 ISP means you don't need VPN to play from West Coast with server on East Coast. If server is in Korea, VPN is the only way to get a decent ping. For us Aussie the only way to get a decent ping to play majority of MMOs which 99% of the time oversea, is getting a VPN.

Edit: Another benefit with VPN is it reduces package loss, so less chance of you pressing the button but server does not receive the signal.

Thanks for the info, I did some digging around last night and I think I might give the VPN thing a try maybe over the weekend when I can get a good testing of it.

Archived