GunW

I believe 4049 error, is when you're trying to open another client while you already have one running. Check your task manager, end task of anything called "NCLauncher", "nProtect game monitor" and try launching the game again.

-Nyaonix

2 hours ago, Nyaonix said:

I believe 4049 error, is when you're trying to open another client while you already have one running. Check your task manager, end task of anything called "NCLauncher", "nProtect game monitor" and try launching the game again.

-Nyaonix

since I installed, I never opened the game. 4049 :c

Give it up gentlemen....NCsoft isn't paying attention.   I have several NCsoft games and this is the ONLY one that has ever had issues at launch.  Wildstar....runs fine.  AION...piece of cake.  

Blade & Soul....piece of shit.  

10 times uninstalling, reinstalling, patching, repairing, rebooting, turning off applications, changing settings.....it is like I am doing half their QA and troubleshooting work for them, and I don't even work for them.   Dumping this game and never coming back to it.

So after I installed a patch today, 1/27/16, I'm getting the error code 4049... I have

Uninstalled the installer, re-installed it 

Uninstalled the file that houses GameGaurd in its entirety, and re-installed it.

I have restarted mamy times.

I have checked the task mgr and stopped all blade and soul processes, anything related to GameGaurd as well 

Repaired countless times!

And I am still crashing every time I attempt to log in. I can't even get to the pin screen, oh and btw the crash report screen crashes every time i try to report it. Anyone else dealing with this?

Archived