Salvaging Costumes?

Humor

Hello all,

So since there's no "search" function on the forums, or, I'm just too blind to see it. I used google to figure out how to get High Quality cloth and such to make the costume packs from the transmute menu in our inventory.

From the search results that did come up, I've found that the function can only be used now through buying and breaking down cash shop costumes. This doesn't sound right at all. I'm not too sure who's going to pay for a costume, and then break it down, for a piece of material just to get a chance at a more rare outfit. Furthermore, this make duplicate costumes you obtain from wheels/dungeon bosses even more pointless to obtain. Thus essentially breaking your system that allows you to salvage outfits, for the material needed to create these outfit boxes. 

I'm all up for purchasing costumes, and plan to do so in the future once the one's from CBT are put back in the cash shop, unless those one's are now acquired from those chests we create now, in which case, that's some kind of sick joke, and it's not happening by any means going to be me that's purchasing and or breaking down outfits, just to get something that belonged in teh cash shop in the first place.

Either or, I'd rather not have to spend money just in order create and outfit pack, seems pointless, and I doubt you're going to make any more money from your cash shop with the way it's setup now, unless some serious BnS-aholic is going to do this.

(Note: I do own the masters pack, so I am willing to fork out money, if it's within reason.) 

You can see which costumes can be broken down in the descriptions. A couple of the costumes from the wheels (Golden Deva and Stinger) can in fact be broken down to obtain the fabrics. It would take a while to farm all the fabrics but it is possible to do without spending money. Unless the tool tips are lying in which case, that should be fixed. 

Looking through the wardrobe there's also some that drop from dungeons that can also be broken down for fabrics.

8 minutes ago, Humor said:

Nope, they can not. I have both outfits, and the accessories, when you hit "Salvage", they're grayed out. Like I said, I found a post earlier from October during the CBT, that states you can not salvage boss outfits anymore-

Thus, it's NCsoft trying to profit from using this Method, I don't mind them making a buck off of costumes, and hell, plenty of people bought the masters packs, and people do indeed buy the costumes, but trying to make people buy a costume more than once, such as not making them account bound, which is understandable, and fair, but trying to buy costumes just to break them down, and being the only means to get HQ mats. That's beyond unreasonable. In my opinion anyways.

Oooo okay. I didn't realize that. Yeah that's pretty crummy. Especially considering not only do you need the 5 HQ fabrics but also 10 of the regular fabrics. 

EDIT: So I've been talking to my boyfriend about this since I want one of the gacha outfits; apparently, some of the dropped costumes can be salvaged. He got the "First Step" costume from the level 45 6-man spider dungeon and he's able to salvage it. The tool tips should still be fixed so they reflect the right information though. 

I tried it and got one fabric back :[

14 hours ago, Lurunnie said:

You can see which costumes can be broken down in the descriptions. A couple of the costumes from the wheels (Golden Deva and Stinger) can in fact be broken down to obtain the fabrics. It would take a while to farm all the fabrics but it is possible to do without spending money. Unless the tool tips are lying in which case, that should be fixed. 

Looking through the wardrobe there's also some that drop from dungeons that can also be broken down for fabrics.

I thought they removed the ability to salvage droppable doboks/outfits? Because I heard in China and other servers, bots would farm the doboks for the fabrics? Unless it was only for lower-end doboks (like the one in Jadestone). Well anyway, that's good to know. I'm never going to spend NCoin on that again. Spending over $20 to salvage and see "Success!" for just only 1 fabric is not cost-effective at all and offers no incentive. That RNG tho :\

15 hours ago, Hanakoi said:

I tried it and got one fabric back :[

I thought they removed the ability to salvage droppable doboks/outfits? Because I heard in China and other servers, bots would farm the doboks for the fabrics? Unless it was only for lower-end doboks (like the one in Jadestone). Well anyway, that's good to know. I'm never going to spend NCoin on that again. Spending over $20 to salvage and see "Success!" for just only 1 fabric is not cost-effective at all and offers no incentive. That RNG tho :\

I don't mind trying to combat bots at all using methods, but there are better methods out there, that don't make the playerbase feel like NCsoft is nothing but greedy. Such as the system they have in place right now with pretty much all of the costumes they have now. Simply make the material non-tradable, pretty much solves the issue, and the people who want to take the time salvaging costumes for fabric, don't feel like they're getting screwed over.

Again, just my opinion.

Archived