This game was an unexpected surprise

Tavi

So, I've been playing MMO's since Starwars Galaxies and I've tried just about everything. For the past few months, my friends have been pushing me to peek at BnS, swearing it was a lot of fun, because cute and boobies!  While I don't mind that (as a girl who likes her games to be aesthetically pleasing), I am way way more into story and depth. So, I sort of blew it off as not my thing. I didn't think it would have much substance. At one point early on I had a key and gave it away because of the marketing, I thought it would be well, pure crap, Just another FTP game about T&A. As the time came closer for BnS to go live, I finally gave in, promising friends I'd give it a go. 

Dragging my feet, I begrudgingly installed and fell INSTANTLY in love. From the ability to save appearances and the in depth character creator, to the story that unfolded from the moment you stepped into the game. It feels like a really well put together game, who's story, so far makes you want to care about the characters involved. I love all the costumes and how every avatar is unique if they decide to be. I also really enjoy the combat though I wish movement was a bit faster, or classes had more ways to dodge. I was a little stunned though, a pretty game, with substance and story, playing out like a comic. While I really enjoyed Tera, just as an example, but nothing in felt important, none of the gear, the story (???), the characters, etc. You just didn't come to care about any of it, even crafting felt pointless. You could buy and sell all the gear and items off the AH that you earned in dungeons. It just felt, empty, but with cute things and big monsters.  I am really happy to have found this game.

That said, I cant fangirl it, not totally. It has a few problems, that feels a bit like NCSoft getting in their own way. I wish premium felt like premium, I am one of those who doesn't mind doing the "14.99" a month charges. I wish this game had some sort of similar premium that felt like it was worth purchasing. It'd have been nice to have character slots and bag space for premium members. Everything feels a bit like its behind a paywall to some degree. I will say though, as far as cash shops go, this one is far more pocket friendly. 

Anyway! Just wanted to say thanks for bringing this to NA, its been a really nice change of pace,

thanks for reading my late night rambling <3

Tavi

p.s. God i love character creation! I wish more games were this fun. I spent a shameful amount of hours

making a character C:

9434725c84c565f9cc89077d781a711a.png

Archived