Why no grace period!?

Chabi

So you implemented the afk autoboot which is good. But where is the grace time if you in fact lose your connection either by beeing booted for other reasons then afk.

Like the game crashes or I lose my connection temporarly. Its really harse to be put in the que in primetimes.

And another thing that makes my head boil. I use two different networks depending on what time of the day i is. And i have now been forced to do the verification process EVERY time i change network. That is just poor programming from your side. I do understand security reasons and am glad you have some. But hey you ask to remember the ip adress i use and i say keep it. But that dont seems to work, does it?

The reason i have to use two connection is one is slow on daytime and i cant log in with that because it hangs during last verification on login in the launcher. Maybe other ppl have same issues so if you could increase the timeout  for handshaking with the server i could maybe folks can use slower connections.

Regards 

Chabi

I agree. I have been disconnected while waiting in the queue twice today so instead of waiting 2 hours to play the game, it looks like I'll be waiting almost 4. If you are disconnected from the queue, it should save your place! Also, I like to leave the game on the character screen because it takes me about 5 log-in attempts each time I want to play the game because the client is so buggy. But apparently this is impossible. Everytime I leave the game on the character screen and come back later, the game is closed. This makes no sense because I am not in game, I am not taking a person's place in queue or in the game so there is absolutely no reason to disconnect me.

Hopefully there won't be a need for long queues when the game hype dies down which may be why they haven't implemented something like a grace period, but I totally agree in giving a bit of grace time to get your queue position back or getting back in game because of a DC. Sure it may slow down queue, but I wouldn't imagine it being that much worse than what is happening now. 

Archived