WinLicense? GameGuard whining about Debugger

Magelo

Anyone else had this issue since the update to version 12 of Blade and Soul today 1/21/2016?

https://gyazo.com/ff2557cbca07534522475b4a2b28c59f

Been getting that error everytime I try to launch the game since the game was updated to version 12. As far as I can see on my system I have no debuggers running. Also nothing has changed on my system since yesterday when I logged out of Blade and Soul other then the patch to version 12.

Has anyone figured out a workaround or fix for this yet? I have tried disabling my firewall/antivirus but that didn't work. Tried deleting my Gameguard folder to let it reinstall itself but it won't even get that far to reinstall Gameguard.

19 hours ago, Ziggy Nils said:

Well after restarting my PC, I can launch the game again.

That worked for me too. I first ran into the problem when I restarted after the Jan 27-28 Windows Update. Also I'm not sure if it had anything to do with my success, but I tried launching Blade & Soul ASAP after restarting in the hopes of getting it going before the unknown "debugger" app. 

• 4 months later...

So recently (as in within the last week or so) an AVG Antivirus update is now triggering Gameguard to popup the same thing.

Running without an antivirus is like running around on the wrong side of town with no pants on... its only a matter of time before you catch something that will make your day end badly.

Any chance this will be addressed in the near future?

I have this problem too.

At first it seemed to be IOBIT, so I uninstalled that, but then it appeared to be AVG.

I disabled AVG for a little while and the game started but with AVG running it won't let me play

Having the same  problem here since the beginning of May.  Haven't been able to log in once since then.  I refuse to disable my antivirus just to play a game, so I haven't (and wont) tried that.  I wonder if they are ever going to fix the issue or if I should just move on to other games?  4 people in the house were playing the game and enjoying it, but none of us have played in almost two months now thanks to this bug.

Archived