How I try FTP MMO's

Radagast

So here's what I like to do. I download the game and play it for a while. If I like it and it's not P2W I find some way to contribute money. If I really like it I'll buy your packages and maybe even your subscriptions. I don't like playing a game I'm not paying for. Makes me feel like I'm stealing somehow.

On the other hand I do not pay for games I don't like or that are P2W. If you want me to pay for your game tell me upfront that I'll have to pay for it. Don't hide it in the game. As a result for me the original trial period is key.

Here's my (thus far brief) experience with Blade and Soul. I downloaded the game and all the patches (which took quite a while) and finally I was able to start the game and create a character. But then this little screen pops up that says I'll have to wait a half hour in a queue before I can actually play the game. But of course if I pay money I can get in right now.

No hard feelings or anything and I might come back and try at a non peak time but if that is normal for this game you can count me out. A half hour queue to just play the game, unless I pay. Sounds dangerously close to P2W to me. So like I say I might come back since I have heard good things about your game. But for the time being I'm out.

30 min que? You are lucky. Some people been queing for 6+ hours.

But, yes. I do agree. I like to support games/developers from F2P games if i like the game. Sometimes the game isnt that good, but they actually try to be active and help the community that makes me want to buy some stuff even if i dont really need it.

With the current "fixes" that NC have been doing, it seems they dont want to actually fix the que's and just want to let people pay for premium.

Archived