Anyone getting this error message?

Gametap

So I have been trying to get this game to work and I uninstalled and tried to reinstall. But I get the error "The installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP 1 Redistributable MFC Security Update KB2538242(x86) appears to have failed." When I go to Microsoft and try and install the package I get "Error 1935. An error occured during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL.type="win32",version="8.0.50727.6195".publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b".processorArchitecture="x86". When I skip the installation the game boots up and lets me enter my pin, but then disconnects. When I use WTFast I get to the character select screen, but then when I try to join a server it kicks me. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it? I am still looking. Figured I would post here though...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem too. It kinda sucks, you know. Even though I run it through compatibility mode, it doesn't seem to install the Microsoft Visual C++, and I've been doing it for two weeks now. I even try to install the Microsoft Visual manually but it goes with an error. /sig

Archived