[Suggestion] Server Population at Creation

Alaira

I've spent half an hour looking for a server with either a tolerable queue or no queue at all.  Why did it take half an hour?  You can't see what the server populations are when making a character, it takes five minutes to delete one, and you only have two character slots.  This is 2016; the technology is literally decades old.  Players have been seeing server queue numbers since 1996 (The Realm, originally developed by Sierra).  I don't care what the actual character or unique account numbers are at this point, but I'd love to see an indicator of some kind to show that the realm has a queue or is full.

I understand the desire to not advertise a server as having a Low population because players will actively avoid that server for fear of an Empty Server experience.  That said, there's no reason why a warning about the queue can't be displayed when making a character before players finalize and attempt to log in only to see that the server is so full you can't even join the queue.

Support staff are advocating that players recreate their characters on a different realm due to massive queues - literally asking players to spend more time outside of the queue before getting into another queue. 

This is unacceptable.  Fix it.

Archived