Serious Issue with my Initiates Pack *PLEASE READ*

LegendofMyth

Alright...this is going to be quite the lengthy post, so I apologize in advance.

I had purchased the initiates pack last week before the head start because I wanted to jump into the game three days early (like lots of other people). I read online that just purchasing the pack wouldn't actually add it to your account, that you had to login to your profile on the NCSoft website and click "Apply a Code". I did so and noticed that under blade & soul my initiates pack was there. I applied the code to my account. I could see the purchase under transaction history and when I clicked the blade & soul tab it showed the pack and date applied. 

Fast forward to Friday morning...since I had not taken part in any previous betas or anything of the sort, I had to download the client fresh. I grabbed it from the site and let it do its thing. When the early access started I logged into my profile and loaded up the game. I created the 6 pin password and then the game popped up with a message "failed to connect to server". I spent the day attempting to un-install and re-install the game a bunch in hopes that it was something that went wrong with the initial install. I started browsing reddit and the official forums and saw tons of people running into the usual early access MMO woes...long que times, crashing and what not. But all of them were able to at least get IN the game. I couldn't make it past the password screen.

I decided to call it a day and try again Saturday morning. Same issue...at this point I decided to Google it and the only mentions I found of people running into that error were those from previous closed tests who were trying to play when the servers weren't up, or those trying to access the head start who didn't have permission to play it. I logged back into my NCSoft profile and went to look at my serial codes and transaction history...my founders pack was gone. There was no record of me buying it and it wasn't listed in the history of purchases. I had used PayPal to pay for the pack (which just takes money directly from my bank account). I got in contact with their customer service and they said that I had indeed been charged by NCSoft for the pack and the money was already withdrawn.

Now...I know that MMO launches usually yield tons of stress on both the game AND the customer service...but I had purchased the initiates pack JUST to play in the early access (regardless of the quality of the head start, I would still have liked the opportunity to try and play). There was literally no other benefit for paying for the $25 pack. My issue wasn't that the servers and game were being overloaded...my issue is the pack has magically disappeared from my account altogether yet I still have the charge in my PayPal. 

I spent the remainder of the head start trying to get in touch with NCSoft to rectify this issue so I could get what I had paid for, but every time I tried to submit a ticket on the issue the site would re-direct me to my NCSoft profile page. I was stuck in a vicious loop with no way out in sight while the games official launch drew closer.

When the game officially opened up to everyone the other day I tried again to login and low and behold, I was able...which leads me to believe the issue was the fact my status had somehow been removed from my account even though I saw it there before, after I applied the code to the account. As it stands today, I still don't have what I paid for...and even if NCSoft did re-attach my initiates pack to my account, its completely useless now since head start is over. I still can't submit a ticket to NCSoft (I assume they have a lot on their plate right now) so I have opened up a complaint with PayPal to dispute the charge.

I decided to make this post in the forums in hopes that someone else may have had a similar issue and managed to find some sort of resolution...or at the very least someone from NCSoft might finally help me.

Sorry for the long post, and have a nice day.

Archived