Wrong names on items

Nemmera

Hello NC,

This may have been reported, I honestly couldn't find the search-function on the forums...

The issue:

A lot of items have more than one name, depending on whether you're looking at the Crafting, Inventory or Market screen. I have no idea how the same item (UID) managed to get different names, but you must have messed up somehow. This is causing a fair bit of annoyance for me when I'm trying to craft, even if I of course work around it by simply... well... learning the different names for the same thing.

Two Examples (but there are a lot of instances of this...):

Trappers

"Fox Meat" = "Iron Ox Meat"

The first kind of meat you can gather is both called "Fox Meat" and "Iron Ox Meat", depending on where you look. This was the first warning sign that it seems a bit of the translation is made by someone who has little to no understanding of English. I am pretty sure that "Iron Ox Meat" is closer to what was intended by the developers, having us hunt for Fox Meat seems a bit off. Do people really eat fox, I thought it was more of a sport game.

Green Thumbs

"Earthen Clay" = "Grey Clay"

Earthen Clay from the crafting window is suddenly called Grey Clay in the inventory.

It goes on and on. Throughout the game I keep encountering numerous things that have the wrong name, sketchy translations or different names in different instances (for the same item). I don't really mind spelling errors, but it seems like you messed up bigtime in the translation of the game from Korean (or Mandarin/Russian, no idea what version you used as a base).

I really love the game so far, but simple things like this is annoying.

Regards,

Nemmera the Cat Herder

Archived