Paid Name Change Bug

Kaputz

I purchased a Master Pack because of it's perks, namely reservation of my character's names. 

Having played 2 days of early access I decided to change my main character's name (using NCoin) so that I could give that name to a newly made character (it just seemed a better fit for the character type). This was a name I reserved on during name reservation.

So seconds after renaming my old character to free up my <main> name, I create a new character. NAME ALREADY TAKEN.

Wasted money on a Master Pack and wasted 2000 NCoin. NCSoft's customer service response to my ticket on this was to check the forums periodically for an update on this issue as they won't be able to update me by email. No fix. No compensation. 

Be aware.

Argh, man. That's so sad. Well, people should know that deleting a name off a character makes it available for everyone so be careful guys. Someone might just snatch it! 
I feel for you. R.I.P

P.S: Don't blame this on NCsoft. 

52 minutes ago, Shakeel said:

Argh, man. That's so sad. Well, people should know that deleting a name off a character makes it available for everyone so be careful guys. Someone might just snatch it! 
I feel for you. R.I.P

P.S: Don't blame this on NCsoft. 

You totally misunderstand. This is a bug/technical oversight, NOT a case of a sniped nickname.

Character renaming is done at character creation screen using a voucher. I changed a character's name to free the name, which I reserved, then created a new character (with a saved preset) and entered my old saved name. This process took all of 5 seconds and bear in mind that my reserved name is an obscure one.

No one sniped the name.

Don't blame NCSoft? This is a technical issue and one which they haven't fixed or compensated me for.

14 minutes ago, Kaputz said:

You totally misunderstand. This is a bug/technical oversight, NOT a case of a sniped nickname.

Character renaming is done at character creation screen using a voucher. I changed a character's name to free the name, which I reserved, then created a new character (with a saved preset) and entered my old saved name. This process took all of 5 seconds and bear in mind that my reserved name is an obscure one.

No one sniped the name.

Don't blame NCSoft? This is a technical issue and one which they haven't fixed or compensated me for.

I believe you're right, if that's the case they should check if the name has ghost character...

Archived