Why are we "settling" for AFK Timers?

plasterfaced

I mean yeah, AFK timers are a great thing and all of that. But people who have paid money for this game, oh, And the free players (Who will likely end up spending real money on this game. Just saying.) Shouldn't be having to deal with this insane que timer. There should've been more servers when the game launched... I heard an NCSoft guy say something along the lines of  " We don't like down time, and more servers = down time. I'd RATHER experience a few days of down time (Because i can't play the game anyway unless i wait in que for 10+ hrs) Simple fix. More servers, And free character transfers. (Because i know some people will end up sticking around on servers, but some will want to move.) So make it a limited thing for a set amount of time, but something that can be utilized a few times per individual. So they can find a place they want to be once there is several more servers... I know game launches are sometimes dramatic, But this really is out of hand. Everyone was excited for the launch of BnS and now everyone is pretty upset about the fact that we cannot play. NCSOFT, Think about all of the people being excited. Then let down. That is reality. Fix this.

3 minutes ago, plasterfaced said:

I mean yeah, AFK timers are a great thing and all of that. But people who have paid money for this game, oh, And the free players (Who will likely end up spending real money on this game. Just saying.) Shouldn't be having to deal with this insane que timer. There should've been more servers when the game launched... I heard an NCSoft guy say something along the lines of  " We don't like down time, and more servers = down time. I'd RATHER experience a few days of down time (Because i can't play the game anyway unless i wait in que for 10+ hrs) Simple fix. More servers, And free character transfers. (Because i know some people will end up sticking around on servers, but some will want to move.) So make it a limited thing for a set amount of time, but something that can be utilized a few times per individual. So they can find a place they want to be once there is several more servers... I know game launches are sometimes dramatic, But this really is out of hand. Everyone was excited for the launch of BnS and now everyone is pretty upset about the fact that we cannot play. NCSOFT, Think about all of the people being excited. Then let down. That is reality. Fix this.

I'd rather see the population balance out then add servers if necessary. Archeage is a prime example of why adding servers to help with launch queues is a horrible idea

1 minute ago, Kurve said:

I'd rather see the population balance out then add servers if necessary. Archeage is a prime example of why adding servers to help with launch queues is a horrible idea

I do understand that. But if they prepare for it, and add them as needed- things can go well and they will not have too many dead servers. Ontop of that, With the large influx of people who play this game currently.. Yes, things will die down. But with que timers THIS far out of wack, Most people who could be "new players" may just end up giving up on it. and while that seems good at a glance from our perspective (So we can play the game ourselves) What about future players? If the servers are experiencing this much of a hit from the beginning days, it's safe to say it could use a few more servers. Not 20 more, More like 5 more right away and add more as needed. Hell, i'd settle for 2 or 3 more servers. Anything to help with the insane que timers.

Archived