So just compared Blade Master to Assassin and

Skygenesis92

The base starting damage on Assassin is way higher, I was killing those fiends at the beginning much quicker than I did with a Blade Master, can anyone confirm if Blade Master gets stronger? 

I either wanted to play Assassin or Blade Master but I feel like Assassin will end up having way higher DPS than a Blade Master, I'm also doing PVE. I'm not interested in PVP, I read where someone said they had an Assassin and most things were doing in 4 to 5 seconds. 

If Assassin out DPS a Blade Master than I'd rather just stick with Assassin, I know Blade Master is a DPS class as well but from what I noticed at the beginning of the game my Assassin was doing much higher damage. Is that because of crits or something? Figured an Assassin will focus on crit damage more than Blade Master? Like what are some pro's to playing a Blade Master? Can he do stuff that an Assassin cannot do? Also Assassin's get DOT(Damage over time) skills which is nice as well. 

It's an Assassin, it's kinda obvious it would do more damage. I was a Blade Dancer so not sure of any differences [and it's not like i can try anything thanks to amazing 4+ hour ques].

I'll assume the Assassin doesn't have the defences that Blade Master has.

2 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

It's an Assassin, it's kinda obvious it would do more damage. I was a Blade Dancer so not sure of any differences [and it's not like i can try anything thanks to amazing 4+ hour ques].

I'll assume the Assassin doesn't have the defences that Blade Master has.

Yeah good point, I guess it's more glass cannon with poor defense while the blade master is like a balance of offense and defense, I really wanted to have high DPS and I'll probably get that with an Assassin but my Assassin is on the Jiwan server which is currently at like a 4 hour *cricket*ing queue time, *cricket* man now I just want to play my Assassin but I won't be able to tonight because I have to do to sleep in a few hours. 

All classes are DPS classes. Some are just able to do other things better than others. For instance, Blade Masters can block to the front for extended periods of time which can be extremely helpful for PvE content. They're also better (from what I've been told/noticed) that they have better AoE capabilities while Assassins have the edge with single target DPS. This will become important later when the enemies aren't just going to come at you one at a time. Assassins can also stealth past enemies that they simply don't want to deal with, unlike the Blade Master.

Really, there are pros and cons to each. You just have to decide what style of fighting seems more fun to you. If you choose a class purely based on "How fast can I kill certain mobs and advance through the content", then you're setting yourself up for failure. If you aren't going to PvP at all and you just blow through the PvE content... what else is there for you to do? You're much better off choosing what will be fun for you rather than "I want to see bigger numbers".

2 hours ago, Serjekk said:

All of the classes are DPS classes.

Well I guess you have a point but I figured one class might be more suited to tanking, like they had higher defensive stats. I mean a Blade Master has a block/counter ability for instance but I did notice the game doesn't do the whole DPS/Support/Tank trinity like most games, I guess each class has it's own healing skills or something. 

*cricket* MAN, it makes me want to go back to my Assassin but I'm in the game right now but it's on my blade master which I feel like will have crap DPS, I guess it is obvious an Assassin will out DPS a Blade Master. 

At this point your best bet is to play the class you enjoy the most. It's way too early to tell if anything is better until more people get to max level. Unless there's anyone here that played this game in it's Korean version.

5 minutes ago, Skygenesis92 said:

I mean a Blade Master has a block/counter ability for instance but I did notice the game doesn't do the whole DPS/Support/Tank trinity like most games, I guess each class has it's own healing skills or something. 

It's not even that each class has their own healing skills. 95% of healing, if really needed, is done through potion use. The combat system is built around avoiding the damage instead of healing yourself afterward. Everyone should be self-sufficient during a dungeon run except for when bosses need to be status-chained for something. As such, pretty much every boss (except for ones that have one-hit kills that have to be interrupted by other party members) can be soloed all by yourself if you're skilled enough.

Blade Master is far more defensive in my experience.

It is same as comparing Low level Kung Fu Master to Low level Force Master.  

Survivability vs Class Cannon

Blade Master gets better once you learn more combos, plus Blocking significantly increase the damage of the RMB (IIRC, haven't touched Blade Master since CBT)

Archived