Chapter 17: The Test of the Eigth

Mieraface

I am stuck at the very end of this quest. I have ran through the entire dungeon and am now at the part where it tells me to Talk to Old Man Cho at the cave of judgement after completing "The Call of the Warring Factions" quest. I was under the impression that the 2 faction leaders would be in the cave at the end so I could join a faction, but neither of them are. nor are they in Bamboo Village because they move with the storyline. So now I am stuck at this quest with no way to progress. What am I to do? Am I missing something here?

5i7FnlJ.jpg?1

Hmm this might just be small bug because technically you should already have picked a faction at the end of Bamboo Village. 

I suspect that since you have not picked a faction it cause the faction leaders to not show up and thus won't let you complete the quest.

Have you tried going back to Bamboo village and picking a faction and THEN going back to this quest?

6 minutes ago, Nylira said:

Hmm this might just be small bug because technically you should already have picked a faction at the end of Bamboo Village. 

I suspect that since you have not picked a faction it cause the faction leaders to not show up and thus won't let you complete the quest.

Have you tried going back to Bamboo village and picking a faction and THEN going back to this quest?

I have gone back, but neither Hansu or Sansu are there.

I would suggest going to Jadestone Village and talking to the Faction changers there. If you haven't picked a faction then they may be able to get you in one.

The cost fo changing faction is 10 silver. But you can at least talk to them and see if they respond at all. 

12 minutes ago, Nylira said:

I would suggest going to Jadestone Village and talking to the Faction changers there. If you haven't picked a faction then they may be able to get you in one.

The cost fo changing faction is 10 silver. But you can at least talk to them and see if they respond at all. 

She says I have no business with her. If I could just find Hansu or Sansu outside of the cave of judgment, but they're nowhere to be found.

Well I am pretty sure at this point that you have found a bug where the system expects a certain order but does not enforce it.

The same goes for the quest where you first get elements to upgrade your weapon. If you use the elements to upgrade and after that pick up the quest to do the upgrade using said elements the quest will not be completable. I am suspecting that this is what is happening with you at this point. 

The test of the eight basically has you prove your worth and involves both faction leaders. I sort of assume the game expects you to have a faction by this point.

Looking through the available info I also found this: 

So I would suggest trying to get a hold of Customer Support and at least enter a bug report. 

Maybe Locke can chime in and have some sort of added info on what to do.

Sorry. :(

I had the same problem and decided to look around for an answer but alas I found none (stuck at Chapter 17 with no Faction). I decided to give up and made a new character and started from scratch only to realize later that I completely ignored the little message tags underneath the quest logs which indicates they have "Letters" attached to them (which needs to be read in order for you to progress the quest queue). I went back to my first character and decided to see if I can find said "Letter" in my quest log on the right side of the screen under the mini-map and I found the quest "The Call of the Warring Factions" which ultimately spawned Hansu and Sansu at the Bamboo Forest in front of the Mayor's House. Maybe you and a couple others had the same problem I had and I hope I have been able to assist at least one person with this situation with my so-called discovery because it worked for me. Good Luck everyone else.

Archived