Shift Key Disable in Classic Mode

YetiXing

So I played during the Beta after purchasing a founder's pack and experienced this issue which would disable my shift button. Holding "UP ARROW" and "SHIFT" is supposed to allow you to sprint, instead of having to double tap "UP ARROW". So my Issue is that whenever I switched to Classic Mode, Shift would somehow be disabled and do nothing. Holding "UP ARROW" and "SHIFT" would not sprint, and my only way to sprint in classic mode would be to double tap "UP ARROW". I assumed that this was because of changing to classic mode, despite that I found it Incredibly annoying. However after playing again, and setting up my keybinds, I found that you're still supposed to be able to "SHIFT" to sprint in classic mode, which i was doing UNTIL it disabled itself. Somehow, something triggered that disabled "SHIFT" in classic mode. I swapped back into B & S Mode to try it out, and "SHIFT" would work again, then I switched back to Classic mode and it somehow miraculously started working again. I dont know how long it will work for, And I dont know why it disabled itself in the first place, but I feel like "SHIFT" should never disable itself in classic mode. I thought this would be some sort of minor bug so I posted it here, as for me, I found this incredibly frustrating that I was not able to easily sprint by holding down "SHIFT" in classic mode. Please Fix that.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this issue since the game launched. With the controls set to classic mode, I find that the sprint system can get into a weird state where the controls don't work properly.

Normally, one can sprint by holding forward and pressing shift (default key) or by double-tapping the forward key. This works in classic mode too, but whenever the game enters a loading screen (initial login, windstride or simply passing through a gate that requires a load), the controls are affected as follows:

> Sprint can no longer be activated via the shift key - only by double-tapping forward

> The sprint can now only be stopped by pressing shift; otherwise, even with both hands off the controls, my character will continue sprinting until the stamina bar is exhausted

I have found that toggling the controls to "Blade and Soul mode" (shift+F2 by default) and then back resets the sprint system so that it works normally again.

10 hours ago, Etamin said:

I've been having this issue since the game launched. With the controls set to classic mode, I find that the sprint system can get into a weird state where the controls don't work properly.

Normally, one can sprint by holding forward and pressing shift (default key) or by double-tapping the forward key. This works in classic mode too, but whenever the game enters a loading screen (initial login, windstride or simply passing through a gate that requires a load), the controls are affected as follows:

> Sprint can no longer be activated via the shift key - only by double-tapping forward

> The sprint can now only be stopped by pressing shift; otherwise, even with both hands off the controls, my character will continue sprinting until the stamina bar is exhausted

I have found that toggling the controls to "Blade and Soul mode" (shift+F2 by default) and then back resets the sprint system so that it works normally again.

Yeah thats what Ive found works, but having to do that every single time I enter a new zone or change location is extremely frustrating. Like EVERY single arena match for example? Man theres gotta be some kind of fix for this. Also im really surprised that almost no one else seems to have this issue.

Archived