FPS issues on top end PC (SLI, win 10)

so I have a high end pc and this game is acting very strangely.  at times ill get ~120 fps, at times it drops down to the 40s.... it seems to drop in busier areas, however lowering the settings, resolution, or hiding characters with ctrl-f does not seem to increase it.

the other wierd thing is both the cpu and gpu utilizations are low.  cpu never gets over 20% utilized... if i make sli force alternate frame rendering 2, neigher GPU ever goes higher than 50% utilized.  if i keep it nvidia default, it seems like it is only using 1 vid card.  

is anyone else experiencing this and or fixed it?  it is very annoying to helplessly watch the FR drop to obnoxiously low levels when the game is barely using the hardware i have.. for the record i have dual 980ti's in sli, intel 5930k proc, 16g ram, etc... so its not hardware... wondering if its an SLI or win 10 thing.  thanks in advance

i have 2 evga 980 ti ftws...   did you set the frame limiter setting to higher than 60?  mine will never seem to utilize sli properly... either artificially capping each card at 50% if i force alternate frame rendering... or 1 card basically seeming like its not working if i go with default sli settings

Archived