CTD every few minutes to 30 minutes

TheSenpai

Hello,

I fought with this all last night - tweets to @bladeandsoul and @bladeandsoulops with no reply. 

I saw others on Reddit having the exact same issue - some even more frequent, and worse off because they aren't all premium members like myself.

After doing a ton of research, the issue that was affecting me, seemed to be related to my Razer equipment and software. I did not believe that I should be required to disable the software or change my hardware, the game should change. Anyway; after doing further research, I found an option in-game that seems to be causing the trouble, here are the steps to turn it off.

1. Log into the game and go into options (you can do this from character select in the bottom left, or in-game by pressing 'O').
  2. In the 'Game' tab, click into 'Camera' options.
  3. Scroll to the bottom, and under 'Mouseover Options' un-check 'Use Chroma Keyboard'
  4. Apply and Confirm your changes.

After making this change, I played another 3 hours last night with no issue.

Thanks!

Also read that someone saw this option as disabled, all the while having a Chroma keyboard. Here are the steps to disable it...

1. Close out of Blade and Soul if it's open.
  2. Open any folder with Windows Explorer.
  3. In the address bar at the top, enter: %userprofile%\Documents\BnS\NCWEST
  4. Open ClientConfiguration.xml with Notepad.
  5. Use CTRL+F to search for use-chroma-keyboard.
  6. Your line should, by default, read this: <option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='y'/>
  7. Change it to read: <option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='n'/>
  8. Press CTRL+S and close the file.
  9. Go play Blade and Soul to test.

1 hour ago, TheSenpai said:

Also read that someone saw this option as disabled, all the while having a Chroma keyboard. Here are the steps to disable it...

1. Close out of Blade and Soul if it's open.
  2. Open any folder with Windows Explorer.
  3. In the address bar at the top, enter: %userprofile%\Documents\BnS\NCWEST
  4. Open ClientConfiguration.xml with Notepad.
  5. Use CTRL+F to search for use-chroma-keyboard.
  6. Your line should, by default, read this: <option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='y'/>
  7. Change it to read: <option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='n'/>
  8. Press CTRL+S and close the file.
  9. Go play Blade and Soul to test.

this has been working for me so far!!! thank you

If your a razer user like me, i found out that if i task managered and removed everything razer associatted it worked. Everything that has to do with that PoS software. if it has those three snake images on it, get rid of it, synapse get rid of it, everything to do with the razer software and ditch it. I  use the razer epic chroma and a logitech keyboard. 

59 minutes ago, Fidget said:

If your a razer user like me, i found out that if i task managered and removed everything razer associatted it worked. Everything that has to do with that PoS software. if it has those three snake images on it, get rid of it, synapse get rid of it, everything to do with the razer software and ditch it. I  use the razer epic chroma and a logitech keyboard. 

I use the Razer Blackwidow Chroma and the Razer Naga Epic... Didn't have to remove anything to due with Razer... Ah well.

Edit:

Further, this is technically B&S not playing well with Razer, not the other way around. B&S (team bloodlust) should be the ones fixing this issue, not Razer. The fact that it has the "use chroma keyboard" at all indicates that.

Archived