Note To Developers Error 4049

RockManiac44R

This error keeps popping up in the middle of a game session while I am experiencing no frame drops or any other indication that my game is about to crash. It just kills itself. My computer is more than capable to run this game with an Intel i7 and a geforce gtx 970. My game should not be crashing. I know I am experiencing this problem before the official release of the game but you should at least have a stable build to give before you release it to the community. The only short term solution I have found for this problem is doing a system restart and then relaunching the game. This is a "short term" solution because my game crashes about 15 minutes into playtime. Please fix this problem. It is annoying that I have to deal with another developer releasing their game before it is stable. 

Thank you for your time. 

A quick way to fix this is to shut down all blade and soul related programs (namely gameguard), then delete the gameguard folder in you BnS directory, and then launch the game again.  It will detect that game guard is missing and redownload it, then you should be able to log in again.  It's not a permanent solution because another crash can give you the 4049 error and then you'll have to repeat the purging of the gameguard folder, but you won't have to do a full system restart

Archived