Stuck on downloading repair files

DooM78

I'm aware that there is another thread on this topic but either i'm to stupid to find how to bump it or it's closed. 

Allright so the problem is that once i start and close the game once, i get stuck on the launcher downloading repair files (85kb). I waited for more than 40mins yet, nothing happens. I read that if you wait long enough it will eventually download, but still, i don't want to wait for an hour each time.

If you know how to resolve this please help a brotha :)

Oh and I have very good internet (200mb fibre) with lan connection. Problem not on my side on this one

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm also suffering from this  "downloading repair files (85)." idk if this is intentional or what but this is a real problem i already had to re-download the game becuase the CBT version didn't work and now i'm looking at this screen for 40mins and still no luck even when it works it takes 10-15mins of time away  whats the point of paying for head start and u can't even play?

Hey guys I found some possible to others as well, now I'm able to enter the game.

Download the start_client.bat from this forum http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/128172-how-to-bypass-the-nclauncher/

and place it along installation directory most likely here C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin

then click the start_client.bat to launch the game then input you're Account details.

Quite disappointing they really can't seem to fix there launcher bug!!!!!!

On 1/15/2016 at 4:58 AM, DooM78 said:

I'm aware that there is another thread on this topic but either i'm to stupid to find how to bump it or it's closed. 

Allright so the problem is that once i start and close the game once, i get stuck on the launcher downloading repair files (85kb). I waited for more than 40mins yet, nothing happens. I read that if you wait long enough it will eventually download, but still, i don't want to wait for an hour each time.

If you know how to resolve this please help a brotha :)

Oh and I have very good internet (200mb fibre) with lan connection. Problem not on my side on this one

After logging in.. and the luncher pops up dont click PLAY.. instead try to REPAIR FILE on lower left corner of the luncher. 

Full EU workaround:

• Download this file http://i.gflclan.com/start_client.bat

• Place it in your BnS CBT\bin folder, alongside Client.exe.

• It's contents: 
    • start client.exe /launchbylauncher /sesskey /CompanyID: "12" /ChannelGroupIndex: "-1" /LoginMode 2 -lang:English -region:0

• Edit the file from region:0, to region:1 (for Europe)

• Double click the newly edited start_client.bat file to bypass the launcher

• Play!

On 19/1/2016 at 9:18 PM, Butlah said:

Full EU workaround:

• Download this file http://i.gflclan.com/start_client.bat

• Place it in your BnS CBT\bin folder, alongside Client.exe.

• It's contents: 
    • start client.exe /launchbylauncher /sesskey /CompanyID: "12" /ChannelGroupIndex: "-1" /LoginMode 2 -lang:English -region:0

• Edit the file from region:0, to region:1 (for Europe)

• Double click the newly edited start_client.bat file to bypass the launcher

• Play!

Seems to work for now. I figure we still have to start the launcher from time to time for updates tho? 

just tried downloading that start client thing, but didn't work for me. it still wants me to update the game client when i can't and i cant seem to find an answer anywhere :/ i just want to able to update the game at night and be able to play next morning

5 minutes ago, Celi said:

just tried downloading that start client thing, but didn't work for me. it still wants me to update the game client when i can't and i cant seem to find an answer anywhere :/ i just want to able to update the game at night and be able to play next morning

I think that that bat file only allows you to launch the game without the NClauncher. But in order to play you probably still need all updates, thus you need to download them through the Launcher. 

But i've never had troubles downloading the updates tho. What's the matter exactly when you do it? 

8 minutes ago, DooM78 said:

I think that that bat file only allows you to launch the game without the NClauncher. But in order to play you probably still need all updates, thus you need to download them through the Launcher. 

But i've never had troubles downloading the updates tho. What's the matter exactly when you do it? 

its kinda hard to explain; im not good at explaining this type of stuff, sorry, but the download speed just keeps going down  while the time remaining keeps going up and not slowing down. i really don't want to have to wait days for it to download (other family uses the internet and would complain if it is slow). ive tried a few nights but it would just stop and not go any further, ive seen it say like 50hrs o.o. i may just try updating again tonight and see if will work. its currently saying around 5-8hrs, though. if it stays like that i may be able to play.

edit: just did it again, started going up saying like 80hrs and not slowing down. its probably just my internet connection. its not the best.

Can we please get some feedback or help on this? Every time I play the game, I have to start the launcher like 20 times in order for it to work. Then the worst thing is being disconnected from the log-in screen and having to do it all over again. I wish that we would not be kicked from the character screen so that we wouldn't have to go through this whole thing again. It makes it so much less fun to play the game when you have to start the launcher a hundred times just to play.

10 minutes ago, Celi said:

its kinda hard to explain; im not good at explaining this type of stuff, sorry, but the download speed just keeps going down  while the time remaining keeps going up and not slowing down. i really don't want to have to wait days for it to download (other family uses the internet and would complain if it is slow). ive tried a few nights but it would just stop and not go any further, ive seen it say like 50hrs o.o. i may just try updating again tonight and see if will work. its currently saying around 5-8hrs, though. if it stays like that i may be able to play.

edit: just did it again, started going up saying like 80hrs and not slowing down. its probably just my internet connection. its not the best.

Yeah i'm afraid it is. I had that kind of problem tho in the very beginning, where it downloaded with a ridiculously low speed altought i have very good internet. So i just updated during the night and the next day it was ok. I would do that again if I was you.

1 minute ago, Mariwanna said:

Can we please get some feedback or help on this? Every time I play the game, I have to start the launcher like 20 times in order for it to work. Then the worst thing is being disconnected from the log-in screen and having to do it all over again. I wish that we would not be kicked from the character screen so that we wouldn't have to go through this whole thing again. It makes it so much less fun to play the game when you have to start the launcher a hundred times just to play.

Try the method discribed above, it works. 

37 minutes ago, Mariwanna said:

Okay, it actually does work. THANK YOU! I blame the one person up there who said it doesn't work for my lack of trying.

Perfect. Probably not a long term solution as far as i can tell, maybe they will fix the launcher (hopefully).

This may be an old issue for some, but I had luck on my third try after a couple of times having that download stuck at 0%. Before my third try of getting into the game I disabled my antivirus. I relaunched it and -Boom- I got into the game.

Antivirus' have that bitter/sweet ability to prevent downloads from happening. I am using the "Panda Free Antivirus", btw.

16 hours ago, XerXez said:

This may be an old issue for some, but I had luck on my third try after a couple of times having that download stuck at 0%. Before my third try of getting into the game I disabled my antivirus. I relaunched it and -Boom- I got into the game.

Antivirus' have that bitter/sweet ability to prevent downloads from happening. I am using the "Panda Free Antivirus", btw.

Thank you for your input. The issue seems to be pretty random, since i tryed to launch the game with and without my antivirus (avira) and got stuck on both cases. On the contrary sometimes the game launches immedialty, and that several times in a row. Imo it is an issue on NCsoft's side... 

Archived