Possible solution for crash and DC for windows 10

Synedythas

My friend had issue with BnS she was crashing 2 to 5 time per hour   , while i did not had any issue so i went in found that fix i apply on her computer that for now she's been playing for 18 hour without any  dc or crash

she's just got her first crash in 2 day , if you try that fix drop a reply so i can have an idea if it's work for other people , ty

to underlining cause seem to be Windows FTH that make the issue here the explanation and solution i used to fix it

Windows enabled 'Fault Tolerant Heap' for 3dsmax or dependent processes. This may have severe performance impact on Corona.

Possible solutions to following problems:

Very long or infinite pre-rendering phase ("transforming vertices", "building acc. structure", "parsing the scene") - usually in distributed rendering

Very long scene saving times

Usually the problems appear in large scenes (but it is not a rule)

Other problems like freezing, or infinite loading, which are hard to diagnose

These problems may be related to Microsoft Windows detecting an application which is often crashing (in this case 3ds Max, Corona, or other plugin) and applying special mitigations to it. In some cases this can prevent the application from crashing, but at the same time makes it extremely slow

To disable Fault Tolerant Heap entirely on a system, set the REG_DWORD value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\FTH\Enabled to 0.

After changing this value, restart the system. FTH will no longer activate for new applications.

You may additionally need to delete the exe entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FTH\State

Edited by Synedythas