Game works, Client doesn't.(?)

HueHueImaBR

Now. Let me make this short, straight, and to the point.  As a returning player to Blade and Soul I came to play the game. When I had loaded up the client for the game all was fine and dandy, I had gone through and update, verified my files and decided to hit the "Play Now" (or what ever said buttons says) button and continue on to the pin screen....

Of course this is where the issue comes into place, this screen didn't show up.  As in, at all. I would hit the play button on the NCSoft Blade and Soul client, only to be met with a blank screen filled up with previous windows which had been open before. This had confused me and so I had just gone into my task manager and just closed down the client for Blade and Soul... Only to realize it wasn't there. This is where the confusion started to take place. 

After multiple attempts to restart Razor Cortex (NOTE. Not LAUNCHING from Razor Cortex, though I did try, still to no prevail.) and other things in my background along WITH my computer. Still, with no error message or any type of reaction. Blade and Soul didn't launch. At that point I had just resorted to reinstalling the game (never ended up actually uninstalling it), in which (not to bait, of course,) shit started to get REALLY weird and confusing.

I go into control panel to my uninstall page and find Blade and Soul. Not realizing what I am uninstalling is only the client (to my assumption, will be explained in a second), I uninstall the "game" and alt-tab only to come back, attempt to alt-tab and see the BLADE AND SOUL IS LAUNCHED IN MY BACKGROUND. I log on, make my character, and end up reinstalling the client thinking that I fixed the game. Log off, come back the next day, wash, rinse, repeat. doesn't launch.

I do EXACTLY what I had done before, and it LAUNCHES (though as I am not there to actually play as I proceeded to go AFK and the game itself had auto-logged.) so now I'm here, making a forum post because my client has Alzheimer's and only seems fine the 1st time I use it and progressively gets more and more handicapped the more I use it.

So, I am copying this message and sending in a support ticket, but in the meantime...

Anyone got any suggestions?

~Cannabinol

Archived