Weird Walking/Running Lag PLEASE HELP

iPunchTrolls

Lag Help Thread

Hey just downloaded the game and getting something really weird.  Whenever I walk or run or realistically do anything other than stand still, I get a odd fps drop.  The drop is from 120fps to 80fps and it only lasts a second.  I have a g-sync monitor which normally eliminates stutter, but this is on a whole new level.  The drop in frames is so sudden that I end up not being able to do anything for a half a second.  This wouldn't be that bad if it didn't happen less than every 5 seconds -.-.  The game at this point is unplayable.  With fps drops every 3-5 seconds it's honestly hard to do anything without getting a headache.  Not to mention the random blue screens that happen when messing with the in game settings. Which doesn't happen for any of my way less demanding games x.x.

I've tried many things to fix this problem since installing it yesterday.  To start I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled the downloader followed by reinstalling the game.  I also reset my pc several times, as well as went into bios and disabled all my overclocks.  This also happens to be on a new pc with a fresh install of windows, so I doubt thats the problem either.  Seeing that I even did a system check for windows files too.  I've run all the repair file checks that can be done for the game client as well.  I've also givin it the highest level of control via my virus protection software.  Followed by me disabling my virus protection software, but was no help at all.

The only thing I can think of is a post I red about Asus motherboards and having to go into services and disabling a specific one.  I looked in my service list and the names they said the program could be called, were missing from the bunch, but I do feel this could be the problem.  To be entirely honest this is very odd.  Since this is a new pc I could just factory restore it, but I don't really wana download all my steam games again >.>.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated, below I will list some hopefully helpful things that will lead to a fix. Thanks again!

My Specs

-MSI GTX 980 TI Golden Edition OC 6GB

-i7-7700k Intel Core Processor

-3866 G.Skill Trident Rgb Memory 18 CAS (18,19,19,38)

-Asus Strix z270E Motherboard

-1k Watt EVGA Power Supply

-H115i Liquid Cooler

-Samsung 850 PRO SSD

-Westgate Blue 1TB HD

Programs On Startup (In case one is causing the problem and is well known)

-uTorrent                                 -Microsoft OneDrive

-Corsair Utility Engine            -NVIDIA  Backend

-Corsair Link4                         -Razer Synapse

-DAEMON Tools Lite               -Realtek HD Audio Manager

Deleyed Launcher                  -Samsung RAPID Mode Notification Utility

-Discord                                   -ShareX

-Google Chrome                     -Skype

-Java Update Scheduler         -Sonic Suite 3

-Steam Client Bootstrapper  -Open Office

*EDIT* Forgot to note, regardless of in game settings the lag problem still occurs.  So on high and bare minimum settings the fps is the same :/

Archived