Frost Sheath- what gives?

chachmo

So I am specced for frost sheath, and I can use it during boss fights when the space bar prompt comes up, but when I try to use it by pressing V, I get the little white circle over my head instead of the frost sheath.  I know I am doing something wrong here, but I don't get what.  Any advice?  Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, chachmo said:

So I am specced for frost sheath, and I can use it during boss fights when the space bar prompt comes up, but when I try to use it by pressing V, I get the little white circle over my head instead of the frost sheath.  I know I am doing something wrong here, but I don't get what.  Any advice?  Thanks in advance.

The little white circle is telling you that if you get hit within that time the ice sheath will trigger and protect you. Using that skill relies on you knowing roughly when the boss will hit you other wise it will time out and the white circle above your head will disappear and you will then take damage and not be protected.  If you want instant protection you want to be using Frost Armor not Frost Sheath.  Frost Sheath is more like a counter while Frost Armor is more like a block or shield.

Archived