DES/BD - what do y'all think?

Wampeeno

I'm sure there are a lot of topics like this, but i don't really feel like searching for them, so id like to hear your opinions on which of those two would you prefer to play, your personal opinions about them, maybe some pros and cons, you know something that would help me decide cuz my indecisiveness' been killing me those past couple of days

My first response will be a cop-out and claim that it's all about playstyle.

Then i am going to say that Destroyers rock.  They are straightforward.  They can be slow to kill, or even maneuver, but have some excellent crowd-control skills.  My Destroyer is my highest-level character.  But, I can find playing her to get boring and repetitive: target mob, hit 1, then F, then spam F three of four times, then 4, then F again, then maybe a RMB or LMB.  Dungeons can be fun, if i am not lagging behind.

My experiences with a Blade Dancer are a bit limited.  In dungeons, I have seen them solo stuff that my Destroyer couldn't.  They seem to have an array of AoE attacts and Crowd-Controls skills as well.  And they seem to be able to maneuver fast!  I just can't quite take the chibi-like Lyn too seriously.

Archived