Low FPS in combat

ThugLoveJerome

FPS drops to 30-20 or even 15 sometimes in combat. It runs fine when I'm just walking around or fighting by myself but if I'm next to 2 or 3 people and we are fighting together like in a dungeon or at a field boss the game runs like sh*t. I have a MSI gtx 980   8GB of ram and a i5 4670k. Lowering the settings doesn't help.

1 hour ago, gEddeh said:

http://www.speedtest.net/

Can you share your results?

FPS (Frames per second) are not affected by your internet connection....

And for the OP. This client is horribly optimized. I too have problems with my FX-6100 (Zambezi) and GTX 650 TI. Well, 650 TI isn't the best but it should be enough for BnS. Yet even with lowest settings I have problems. In the meantime I don't even get below 40 FPS in MGSV. Hallelujah to optimization!

1 hour ago, ThugLoveJerome said:

91 mb/s download  95mb/s upload   5ms ping.  Really don't think my internet is the problem....

It isn't. Your FPS depend on your PCs components and how well the program can use the resources.

I just did a test, when nothing is going on and everything is on max settings (Meaning I checked every single thing to get maximum visuals aka ultra high settings) I get around 30 to 50 fps. In fight of course a lot less. But my graphics card (Old GTX 650 TI (2GB variant from ZOTAC, not the boost one.)) is only on 85% usage. My CPU too is only on a max usage of 50%, even with 30+ people standing around and some people moving periodically. That is max settings. Meaning: The Client doesn't properly use all the resources available to it. I could understand if my CPU usage was at "only" 90% (Priority is on "Very High") but it isn't even going to 60%. All of this of course with 120hz and on 1920x1080 resolution.

This game is very poorly optimized, without tons of patches to fix this stuff we likely won't see much improvement.

Archived