Game quits to black screen during character creation

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had some insight into this issue.

I can log into the game, and when I'm in the middle of character creation, my monitor shuts off, I get no audio. I can hear my computer running and but there's no feed to my monitor. I have a separate speaker for audio hooked up to my keyboard. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game but that didn't work. My CPU and GPU temps are in normal range but I can't get the darn thing to work. I need to do a hard restart before I can get back to desktop, no error messages.

Here are my specs:

CPU : AMD FX 8350 8-core
GPU : ASUS GTX 980 Strix
RAM : 2X 8GB G.skill DDR3 2400 
PSU : 750W Cooler Master
Mobo : Asus Sabertooth 990fx

CPU cooler : Arctic A11 Freezer
Case fans : stock fan for inwin 805, 2X 120mm arctic fans

I heard that there have been issues with Razer RGB products but I turned off the software before playing. Any help will be appreciated.

The Razer Chroma products are related to the game crashes. Have you tried another DP/HDMI/VGA/DVI cable or another monitor? Generally this happened to me when I was running on a R9 290X, and VRMs reached above 90C. After better cooling, it stopped. Your GPU temps are just the chip, it doesn't report the VRMs. If you want VRMs, check GPU-Z for your temps. 

As for insight, if your computer is still running, it would think that it would be your GPU VRMs, monitor and/or cable(s).

On 2/2/2016 at 3:38 PM, Aria Kyu said:

The Razer Chroma products are related to the game crashes. Have you tried another DP/HDMI/VGA/DVI cable or another monitor? Generally this happened to me when I was running on a R9 290X, and VRMs reached above 90C. After better cooling, it stopped. Your GPU temps are just the chip, it doesn't report the VRMs. If you want VRMs, check GPU-Z for your temps. 

As for insight, if your computer is still running, it would think that it would be your GPU VRMs, monitor and/or cable(s).

Thanks for the response.

I don't have any other cables or monitors so I went ahead and ordered a Displayport to Displayport cable and we'll see if that works.

So I tried a DP-DP cable, still crashed on character creation. I downloaded GPU-Z and the VDDC is reading 0.850V and temps aren't shown. I guess my card doesn't have the supported sensor or something.

I'll have a couple of computer-savvy friends check it out and keep this post going with updates in case someone else has a similar issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived