Picking a server

NevadaRogue

Windrest, Greenhollow or Starfall Crater? 

Give any reasons you want just need someway to decide and I thought a topic would be good and it might help others decide too.

(went just for these 3 based on the names I liked more and to not have that many options for a last decision.)

Don't go for Windrest unless you have premium. It's the most crowded server on EU and you'll be waiting long queues without premium. Depending on what you're looking for it being crowded might be a plus for you though. I don't know about the other servers.

11 minutes ago, Eustan said:

Don't go for Windrest unless you have premium. It's the most crowded server on EU and you'll be waiting long queues without premium. Depending on what you're looking for it being crowded might be a plus for you though. I don't know about the other servers.

Thanks for the reply, yeah might just hold Windrest for an alt server in case I just want more world pvp then. 

Now just need to make my mind about Greenhollow and Starfall Crater. 

Greenhollow had queue times too (tough not even close to the likes of Windrest) before I became premium. Had to w8 smg like 15 minutes in the weekend for it.

Pretty much every server is full for now, with Windrest being ridiculously overpopulated.

12 minutes ago, NevadaRogue said:

Thanks for the reply, yeah might just hold Windrest for an alt server in case I just want more world pvp then. 

Now just need to make my mind about Greenhollow and Starfall Crater. 

Windrest open world pvp is crap. It's seriously horrible. The "open world pvp" is just both factions dominating certain channels during certain times to farm insignias, terrors, blackwyrms etc. with some enemy faction players here and there that jumps into the crowd to get 1 or 2 kills. (With ceruleans having the upper hand overall, at least that's what I've observed so far) The overpopulation just makes it a bigger mess. I don't know how it is on other servers.

1 minute ago, Eustan said:

Windrest open world pvp is crap. It's seriously horrible. The "open world pvp" is just both factions dominating certain channels during certain times to farm insignias, terrors, blackwyrms etc. with some enemy faction players here and there that jumps into the crowd to get 1 or 2 kills. (With ceruleans having the upper hand overall, at least that's what I've observed so far) The overpopulation just makes it a bigger mess. I don't know how it is on other servers.

Thanks for adding that, yeah guess then world pvp won't be a reason to go there then.

1 minute ago, NevadaRogue said:

Thanks for adding that, yeah guess then world pvp won't be a reason to go there then.

Even against all those bad points though it's probably the place to go if you're looking for the heart of the EU servers since it's pretty much like a capital server right now.

3 minutes ago, Eustan said:

Even against all those bad points though it's probably the place to go if you're looking for the heart of the EU servers since it's pretty much like a capital server right now.

Good point there, thing is I'm not sure I'l manage all the time to get premium and that might be a problem with queues for me if I go for Windrest compared to the others right?

3 minutes ago, TaranTatsuuchi said:

I typically look up which is the unofficial rp servers when I join an MMO.

Oh and did you happen to find out which is the EU one for RP ? I assume after people start using one of them the most for it they will add a sign to the server list letting others know it is for RP, would be a good idea for them at least.

Just now, NevadaRogue said:

Good point there, thing is I'm not sure I'l manage all the time to get premium and that might be a problem with queues for me if I go for Windrest compared to the others right?

Oh and did you happen to find out which is the EU one for RP ? I assume after people start using one of them the most for it they will add a sign to the server list letting others know it is for RP, would be a good idea for them at least.

I am in the NA region, so I didn't pay attention to which was the one for EU.

8 minutes ago, TaranTatsuuchi said:

I typically look up which is the unofficial rp servers when I join an MMO.

To avoid them... right? 

cameron_smug.jpg~c200

2 minutes ago, NevadaRogue said:

Well the queues are getting shorter and shorter everyday. (Compared to the launch it's way better right now.) If you think you can hold a premium membership most of the time I think it might be worth it.

Just now, Eustan said:

To avoid them, right? 

cameron_smug.jpg~c200

Well the queues are getting shorter and shorter everyday. (Compared to the launch it's way better right now.) If you think you can hold a premium membership most of the time I think it might be worth it.

Na, I usually prefer their overall communities.

1 minute ago, Eustan said:

Hmm yeah I will keep that in mind. 

Will make a character when I don't have premium and see how much I wait and if it's much when I will decide 1 from the other 2 servers I'l just play on that which has less queues I guess until I have premium for Windrest. 

4 minutes ago, NevadaRogue said:

Hmm yeah I will keep that in mind. 

Will make a character when I don't have premium and see how much I wait and if it's much when I will decide 1 from the other 2 servers I'l just play on that which has less queues I guess until I have premium for Windrest. 

There isn't any big queue mid day the queue starts at evening and fades away after midnight. But you're good to go if you enter the game in the early-evening when the queue is still relatively short.

2 minutes ago, NevadaRogue said:

Thanks for all the help so far your replies were very useful! :D

No problem I'm pretty bored and just going around the forums since I can't think of anything else to do during the maintenance.

3 minutes ago, Eustan said:

No problem I'm pretty bored and just going around the forums since I can't think of anything else to do during the maintenance.

Watching The Big bang theory while enjoying a cup of tea over here, series and forum browsing go along well during maintenance. :D

If anyone else though has opinions about Greenhollow and Starfall Crater feel free to write them. 

19 hours ago, xXGoldyXx said:

Why no one else talk about the other server on EU?

Example the new servers add:

1. Twin Wagons
  2. Spirit’s Rest

If anyone can tell me the experience of this 2 new servers?

Well I only choose Greenhollow out of the new ones because it was from the first release of new servers and just out of name preference. 

So far I would go Windrest for the long run cause of many people playing there and Greenhollow because it's one of the new ones.

Might just make 1 char on each and see on which I spend more time on which is a good plan if you feel like leveling them.

Archived