UNSTABLE FPS, FPS SPIKES

MoonDust

Someone having  Unstable FPS or FPS spikes on High pc Spec? i have stable 80-120FPS and in crowded areas, dungeons and towns down to 25-30 lol even on high/med settings,   processor at 30% and gpu at 35%, not even at full load, i can easily run Far cry 4, witcher 3, StarWars BF on ultra/High without problem, this game dont even need a Powerful machine, what could be the issue here?

no fanboys please-- its not for my AMD processor, many people with intel processors have the same issues even with an i5 and i7, also my Computer is new, just 1 month OLD, every part still like new.

Specs:

Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bits

MSI 970 GAMING MOBO

FX 8320 (4.00 GHZ) 8 CORES (With EVO 202 Cooler, Temps at 25-32, on full load max at 40) 40% usage in Blade And Souls.

Gigabyte GTX 960 Windforce (stock) (temps at 36-38, on full load 55-58) 35% Usage at ultra in Blade And Souls.

8GB Kingston Savage 2133 Frecuency

2TB SATA 7200 RPM

Ping: 80 MS 

• Main IGN: Polarized
  • Server: Master Hong | North America
  • Level: 35+ [ Bound to Change ]
  • Class: Assasin
  • Race: Jin
  • Play-style: Dungeon / Party / PVP
  •  
  • h5lll7vns4rq7ofvd874.png

You never know dude.

Blade & Soul is like an old game from KR/Asia and they are like- light years ahead of us in terms of technology and games.

Your specs might be considered high over here but over there it may be considered an antique or something unheard of. =/

The short answer is the current version of this game is very poorly coded/optimized so it can't/won't take advantage of your hardware. Unless NCsoft updates their code/optimizes it to be used with current hardware there really isn't anything that can be done other than to play on lower settings.

1 hour ago, Zarozian said:

You never know dude.

Blade & Soul is like an old game from KR/Asia and they are like- light years ahead of us in terms of technology and games.

Your specs might be considered high over here but over there it may be considered an antique or something unheard of. =/

Not sure where you got this idea from. Most if not all cutting edge technology related to computing is designed/created in the US but manufactured in China/Taiwan since manufacturing companies over there can get away with poor working conditions and very low pay. This is a case of a game developer not updating their game to work better with modern hardware.

After one of their smaller updates the game runs absolutely and completely like garbage. Pre patch- 60fps highest settings on 1080p, so i played it on 1440p at around 50fps on still respectably high settings. (screen hz rate is 48 so, thats what i need it to run at). This was in both combat, crowded areas, empty areas and anywhere I got around to. Now, post update, it cannot hold 30fps on lowest settings and every 20 seconds it freezes like a little *cricket* for good 3-4 seconds, which makes the game unplayable as you can imagine. 

Not only that, the client has trouble with acting on my inputs, since i was playing kung fu master, inputs matter and their order. and the client kept getting them wrong or just flat out not responding. One of the worst ways to patch a game that makes it run like ass. Every time there was a freezing fit, the C drive usage spiked to 100% and ram was pretty much not used what so ever, along with GPU and CPU hovering around 40%. Good to know they have spent their time optimizing the game since it was launched SUMMER OF 2012. that's 3 and half years ago!

I7-5710HQ @2.50GHz (boost up to 3.5GHz) 

Native resolution 3840 x 2160
16GB Ram 
Geforce GTX 860M (yes its a laptop, yes it did use the nvidia GPU)
Win 10 Home.

Archived